Will you take me back?

pazooter

Hi Ladies,

I'm embarrassed. I gained 10 pounds on my summer vacation including the cruise to Alaska, and then was too embarrassed to come back here to confess. But now I'm back for your support. I really want to drop that weight. I can't wear any of my clothes without having a tummy ache.

Started back on my diet and exercise this past weekend. Bruce and I rode bikes 8 miles. I cut out snacks after supper. Tonight we took a short bike ride again. My goal is to drop the 10 pounds before I travel to WA state for Christmas to see my two new grandbabies.

Help!! You've always been so good to me before. Will you take me back?

Cathy

P.S. What's the latest challenge? When did it start and when does it end?

Of course you can come back here. No one ever really leaves us, they just take vacations. :p Don't ever feel too embarrassed to post. We're all friends here. No judgements. Heck, I've been hanging around here off and on for three years and you know what? After all this time, my weight is just about the same as when I came here. What's wrong with this picture? :o

Beth

Good to see you. We're friends here no need for embarraassment..

We've all been there..done that!

Sounds like you started back all ready, keep up the good work.

We're doing the DEW Pledge now, started in Sept 9th. and ends

on January 6th. Join us.

D..Diet

E..Exercise

W..Water

Beth, know we all want to lose but........

just think if you hadn't been with us, you might of been

UP in weight instead of being the same or having a little loss.

So think of it that way.

Now your on your way to weight loss..your doing the DEW?

Hi Ladies,

I'm embarrassed. I gained 10 pounds on my summer vacation including the cruise to Alaska, and then was too embarrassed to come back here to confess. But now I'm back for your support. I really want to drop that weight. I can't wear any of my clothes without having a tummy ache.

Started back on my diet and exercise this past weekend. Bruce and I rode bikes 8 miles. I cut out snacks after supper. Tonight we took a short bike ride again. My goal is to drop the 10 pounds before I travel to WA state for Christmas to see my two new grandbabies.

Help!! You've always been so good to me before. Will you take me back?

Cathy

P.S. What's the latest challenge? When did it start and when does it end?

Don't feel bad...I was 35 lbs. thinner last year at this time. I had taken it off at Weight Watchers for a cruise last Spring and then proceeded to lose a few more lbs. for my daughter's wedding. I may not have gotten to my ideal weight, but I'd give anything to weigh that NOW!!:( I went on a binge after my daughter got married and never stopped! I am just so mad at myself.

Anyway, our family is taking a cruise to Alaska next July 31 for a week. 21 of us will be on the NCL Star. I would like to lose 60 lbs. before then. That would mean an average of 7½ lbs. a month starting now! Do you think I can do it?? I've taken off a chunk of weight fairly easily several years ago when I still had a metabolism....but it's just soooooo difficult now in my 50s.:mad: I also admit, I am not one to like exercise. I belong to a gym but I just seem to rebel and not make good use of it. I have no excuses because I stay at home and I have all day to go!!! It's only a mile from me, too.:rolleyes:

Well, I know I can do this, but it's going to take a lot more than just sitting here and making promises on paper.:)

Thanks for listening!

Hi Cathy!!!! I have been wondering where you were! I'm glad that you're back with us. Remember, we are here for you no matter how much you've gained. You need us more than ever when you gain weight. Don't ever leave us again. ;) Ok, I'm off my soapbox. So glad to "see" you. :D

Cathy - I too wondered where you were! I remember you were always 2nd next to faithfull Belle posting on the weigh-in each week!!

WELCOME BACK!! :D You did the right thing by coming back for support. I know the support I get has helped me since Feb. to lose 48 lbs.! Did you get a new teaching position, I remember you were looking?

Sailaway - Don't beat yourself up! You can lose 7 1/2 lbs. a month, very doable, go for it!! Try to get to the gym and drink your water! Good luck.

Ginny :)

Well, I am the QUEEN of lose then gain. Only my swings have involved an extra zero - 100 rather than 10 pounds! :eek: So yes, you can lose it again!

Sailaway, I agree with Ginny. 7 and 1/2 pounds per month is definately doable. I am 52 and lost 10 pounds a month this past year for a total of about 80 pounds loss (this time). And I am not a great exerciser, just a walker. :)

Sailaway - 7 1/2 pounds per month can be done!!!! :D We are all here for you. This board has some great support and ideas. Stay with us and you'll achieve your goal. Before I found this board I never thought I could lose 20 pounds. I ended up losing more than 20 pounds and I have kept it off. Welcome to our group!!

Lynn

Hi Cathy!

I did the same this past summer. Had heath issues that started on my April cruise and went thru to my 15 day September cruise. The end result was gaining back the 15+ pounds I had lost prior to April. I lost 70 pounds the year before on Atkins and I'm closer to 50 than I'll admit(Sailaway I lost 50 in five months). I am now on the road to losing that fifteen pounds. The November 1st thread started by Belle has been a great help to me.

It's great to be back with such a fine group of friends. I appreciate your cheerful attitudes and support, always.

The hurricanes in Florida caused for a lot of stressfulness all around. It seemed that every other weekend we were preparing for the arrival of a hurricane. That season has passed. We managed to get through with little damage, thank God.

Sailaway, you will love NCL Star and your cruise to Alaska. Our cruise to Alaska will be one I'll never forget. And I know you can lose the weight before you go.

GinandAl, yes, I did get a new teaching position. I'm teaching 6th grade gifted Science and 6th grade gifted Geography. I absolutely love every day in my classroom. Which is another good reason why I should be able to lose weight. No stress on the job.

To everyone else, thank you for being here and I'll be a "regular" working to lose weight and supporting others.

Cathy

Cathy,

Slightly "OT", I see that you're teaching 6th grade "gifted" classes.

Alex is in 6th grade now and what's offered in our school system for these children is truly pitiful. Could I possibly contact you directly (by phone if possible) for some suggestions and tips how we can give him "what he needs" so that he's not stagnating. In past years we've "bucked" the system here since he didn't have teachers who wanted to "go out of their way" to challenge him... luckily this year they had departmental classes so his science teacher is A+ (though it's still taught in the heterogenous mix of students). My e-mail's cmjaffe@cox.net

Thanks again.

Carolyn

Cathy - Glad to hear that you're loving school this year! My DS is in the 7th grade and even though he goes to a very small private school I know that kids that age can get to be a handful at times! I have to admit that science is the one subject that he and every other kid in his class struggled with the first quarter of this year. I think it's the teacher since even the straight "A" girl in his class didn't do well. Geography, American History, Reading and Math are his best subjects so I'm pretty happy with that.

Lynn

Archived