Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 27

Pictures taken between Monday, July 2 and Sunday, July 8.

Rules:

This isn't a contest. All photos are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacation and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera.

Share your fun with others.

The fun is your prize and it's a good one!

Although the Canon SX 530 has been on the market for quite a while I decided to buy it when I saw a great sale price of $229.00. I also had a Best Buy gift card for $100.00 so my out of pocket was just $129.00. I’ve been wanting a compact camera long zoom so I couldn’t resist buying this camera. Because of the sale price I take it for granted this camera is being discontinued

This morning the moon was still in the sky so I decided to test the zoom. I’m satisfied with the result.

33uqr8x.jpg

Although the Canon SX 530 has been on the market for quite a while I decided to buy it when I saw a great sale price of $229.00. I also had a Best Buy gift card for $100.00 so my out of pocket was just $129.00. I’ve been wanting a compact camera long zoom so I couldn’t resist buying this camera. Because of the sale price I take it for granted this camera is being discontinued

This morning the moon was still in the sky so I decided to test the zoom. I’m satisfied with the result.

33uqr8x.jpg

Hotel. Foxtrot. Sierra.

I have to look into one of these.

Thanks!

Sean

33uqr8x.jpg

Beautiful! What settings did you use?

Beautiful! What settings did you use?

The camera was in program (P) mode so the camera chose the settings. I didn’t like the exposure of the first picture I took so I used the exposure compensation button to under expose the picture by 2/3 stop. So the settings were f/6.5, 1/160 sec, ISO-250.

I did use Photoshop to sharpen the photo.

The camera was in program (P) mode so the camera chose the settings. I didn’t like the exposure of the first picture I took so I used the exposure compensation button to under expose the picture by 2/3 stop. So the settings were f/6.5, 1/160 sec, ISO-250.

I did use Photoshop to sharpen the photo.

Thanks! I love "trying" to take pictures of the moon but have never gotten any so beautiful. I recently got a Nikon D3400 and have been trying to learn how to use it. I use the 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lens. I don't know if I would ever be able to get the quality photo like you got with my camera (or it could just be me not knowing how to use the camera). I just handhold the camera, zoom all the way out and crop it in camera. If you have any tips, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks! I love "trying" to take pictures of the moon but have never gotten any so beautiful. I recently got a Nikon D3400 and have been trying to learn how to use it. I use the 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lens. I don't know if I would ever be able to get the quality photo like you got with my camera (or it could just be me not knowing how to use the camera). I just handhold the camera, zoom all the way out and crop it in camera. If you have any tips, I'd appreciate it.

I'm sure others can give you better help than I can. My best tip for you would be to use a good tripod for taking photos of the moon. It can make a big difference.

We'll be heading out in our RV next week to spend some time at the lake so I wanted to post one more photo from this week.

It's been hot hot hot this week in the Midwest. This little squirrel found a nice cool rock in the shade and literally spread eagle. I don't think I've ever seen a squirrel do this before.

213m4nb.jpg

We'll be heading out in our RV next week to spend some time at the lake so I wanted to post one more photo from this week.

It's been hot hot hot this week in the Midwest. This little squirrel found a nice cool rock in the shade and literally spread eagle. I don't think I've ever seen a squirrel do this before.

213m4nb.jpg

How cute is that - well spotted :)

Killing heat and projects over the Independence Day weekend kept our interest in venturing out to a big fireworks production low enough that we just stayed home. A couple of days later I was doing a sprinkler check necessitated by the aforementioned 100°+ days and I found this frozen firework provided by the neighbor's Jacaranda, our pink Hibiscus tree and hosted by our Sago palm. One thing I've learned about photography is that if for some reason you didn't get a shot you wanted, another opportunity will come along. Another is that photography teaches you to not just look at the world around you, but to actually see it. Or maybe just imagine that you do.

Vegetarian Firworks

p2961942036-5.jpg

Dave

Well had a great week-end,

Saturday I saw some vintage vehicles.....

img

img

and on Sunday

I saw some vintage musicians lol

Steve Windwood

img

Carlos Santana

41498197880_4de187e6ec_b.jpg

Eric Clapton

42403620945_2e8bb469ff_b.jpg

Great photos, the moon shot, squirrel chilling on the rocks, tired after destroying Krazy's flowerpot,

Dave, don't know how you fit everything in, projects, children, photos and helping everyone out with your wizen advice, just like to say thanks.

Dickie

Dave, don't know how you fit everything in, projects, children, photos and helping everyone out with your wizen advice, just like to say thanks.

Dickie

Sleep is overrated...

Nice shots of the antiques...organic and non-organic.

:)

Dave