Lobster?

CynthiaRI

Lobster tail is typically on the Britannia restaurant menu on the second to last evening of 7-day QM2 voyages. It was offered that evening in Britannia on all three of our recent June voyages (two crossings and the 7-day QM2 voyage to Norway in between).

Edited by bluemarble

They usually appear on the menu of the last formal/gala evening of the crossing or cruise. They tend to be quite small - your waiters may bring or offer you another one if that is the case, depending on how busy they are. I've had a few rubbery, over-cooked ones so the quality, in my experience, can be a bit hit & miss. This is probably due to the scale of the operation in Britannia - whenever I have had a lobster dish in the Veranda the lobster has always been lovely.

Lobsters are really cheap right now. Have another one (or two) when you get to NY.

Here in Boston live lobsters are $20 for 1.5 lbs (my favorite size).

Cooked lobster dinners are $40. Rolls $18-$25.

Lobsters are really cheap right now. Have another one (or two) when you get to NY.

Here in Boston live lobsters are $20 for 1.5 lbs (my favorite size).

Cooked lobster dinners are $40. Rolls $18-$25.

Lobster always was and is still very expensive in UK.

I've had lobster done poorly on QM2, and done pretty well on QM2 on other occasions The bad result was on my first QM2 cruise and it dissuaded me from trying again for awhile. There are usually one or two other main courses of interest on the nights when lobster is served so you won't feel left out if you choose something else (or do what many do - order the lobster as well as the Prime rib and make a surf & turf out of it.