Hobby to Pier Help !

planb

So going on Princess in March 2014 do they go out of Galveston ot the Bayport Pier??? AND anyone know the best way to get there. we fly the day before cruises and wonder if shuttle or private car is better. Any and all help is appreciated. Or are there any hotels that have a shuttle to the pier. Thank you in advance

So going on Princess in March 2014 do they go out of Galveston ot the Bayport Pier??? AND anyone know the best way to get there. we fly the day before cruises and wonder if shuttle or private car is better. Any and all help is appreciated. Or are there any hotels that have a shuttle to the pier. Thank you in advance
Princess no longer sails out of Galveston. Instead, cruises sail out of Houston. I don't know much of anything about the Houston area but I doubt any hotel has a shuttle to the pier.

The Comfort Inn in Seabrook has a shuttle to the Bayport Cruise Terminal. Check the current Live From the CB and there is at least one person that did that shuttle to the pier. Your problem will be getting to the Comfort Inn. Taxi will probably be $75 - $100 and then no car to get around. Might give them a call at that location and ask about best way to get there from Hobby and if the shuttle can take you to a place to eat.

I could give you directions to the pier but it would be best for you to check out the Bayport Cruise Terminal website (actually the Port of Houston). Do a web search for Bayport Cruise Terminal. They have directions to the Terminal and also in the FAQ provide information on nearby hotels. I am not sure about if others have shuttles to the Terminal or not. The Seabrook/Kemah area has good places to eat. There is also shopping in the area if you are looking for a grocery store.

I hope that this helps.

For my upcoming cruise in April, thru Princess I was able to book accomodations at the 4 Seasons in Houston. This includes transport TO the hotel the day before from airport, lodging for 2, and transportation the next day to the pier. I think it was around $270.00 for 2 people. They offer a cheaper version staying at the Marriot also

So another question is is it best to fly into Hobby vs Houston Bush airport? Princess said to go to Hobby. The above info has been very helpful Thanks !

Princess offers transfers from both. Hobby is closer to the port. Hobby is the airport Southwest uses; United has a hub at IAH (Bush). Other airlines fly to one or the other or both. So it depends on the flights you choose where you fly too.

You could get the Princess transfers from either airport and book your own hotel. You just have to return to the airport's baggage claim location designated on the itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer.

So another question is is it best to fly into Hobby vs Houston Bush airport? Princess said to go to Hobby. The above info has been very helpful Thanks !

If staying in Downtown Houston it does make much difference. But if staying closer to the cruise terminal then Hobby is best no question about it.

Yes Hobby is closer and much easier to get through than IAH.

If you decide to use a limo I can strongly recommend http://www.gulfcoastlimo.com

We have used them on three occasions and they provide top-notch service door to door.

Mike:)

Princess offers transfers from both. Hobby is closer to the port. Hobby is the airport Southwest uses; United has a hub at IAH (Bush). Other airlines fly to one or the other or both. So it depends on the flights you choose where you fly too.

You could get the Princess transfers from either airport and book your own hotel. You just have to return to the airport's baggage claim location designated on the itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer.

We're going in January, first time out of TX. We booked the Princess transfer because we weren't sure which airport we were flying to. Going to Hobby, staying at the Springhill Suites (which has a shuttle to/from the airport), & still taking the transfer after looking up taxi fares...that way, too,we won't have to mess with taxi to the airport after the cruise.

We're going in January, first time out of TX. We booked the Princess transfer because we weren't sure which airport we were flying to. Going to Hobby, staying at the Springhill Suites (which has a shuttle to/from the airport), & still taking the transfer after looking up taxi fares...that way, too,we won't have to mess with taxi to the airport after the cruise.

Are Princess transfers still $24/PP each way from Hobby? I looked at super shuttle and they want $40 for the 1st person and then $7/PP up to six passengers, plus a $1 fuel charge. So for a couple I think it would be the same, $48 each way.

Edited by Musky Ike

We stayed at the Quality Inn in LaPorte last week before the 4 day cruise. They offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal. I believe they also allow you to leave your car at the hotel and take the shuttle if you are driving. We didn't use the shuttle. Took us about 15 minutes to get to the cruise terminal.

Nothing fancy about the Quality Inn but it was clean and the beds were good. Worked just fine for a night before the cruise.

Barbara

Another option would be purchasing the Princess transfers, staying at an airport hotel with free shuttle to/from the airport, flying in the night before and then going back to the airport on the day of the cruise to meet up with the Princess transfer.

This is what we do. It makes things a little easier, IMO.