Alaska The #1 Marijuana Vacation Destination

EddieCruzer

I went two years ago, and don't remember any of that... wow.

You didn't see it 2 years ago because it only became legal in 2016.

http://kushtourism.com/tours is out of Seattle. I don't think you can book a vacation package or tour through Princess.

I wondering, if you get off a cruise ship, if there are cafes in town in which to indulge? :D

I can't imagine Princess would offer such a thing. But maybe when they find out how much money they are losing, they might rethink it. ;)

There are certainly opportunities in Juneau and Ketchikan, within easy walking distance of the docks. Remember that port boundaries are controlled by the Feds, not the state, and enjoy your purchases before entering the pier area.

I went two years ago, and don't remember any of that... wow.

Is it that you don't remember for the same reason I don't remember much of my sophomore and junior years in college (1975-1977)?

Remember that port boundaries are controlled by the Feds, not the state, and enjoy your purchases before entering the pier area.
And, if you board the ship with even a whiff of dope on your clothing, you risk being thrown off the ship.

And, if you board the ship with even a whiff of dope on your clothing, you risk being thrown off the ship.

The unholy hell I would unleash on anyone from the line who dared question how I use a legal product in port, especially when anyone who rolls up to the pier reeking of cheap margaritas is welcomed back like the prodigal returning home, would be of a spectacular ferocity and volume. Why? Because the passage contract is completely mum on the topic.

Reeking of weed is neither evidence of intoxication nor possession.

In an increasing number of Princess home ports and destinations, this is a legal product for medicinal and/or recreational purposes, and it's unrealistic to assume that guests will show up not smelling of weed. It's completely reasonable to prohibit possession on board, but I think their risk managers are acutely aware that refusing boarding or reboarding over this issue would carry absolutely zero upside and possibly expose them in completely predictable ways.

Additionally, if anyone from the line is close enough to smell me, they best be teaching me to samba or on an unauthorized visit to my cabin.

In an increasing number of Princess home ports and destinations, this is a legal product for medicinal and/or recreational purposes, and it's unrealistic to assume that guests will show up not smelling of weed. It's completely reasonable to prohibit possession on board, but I think their risk managers are acutely aware that refusing boarding or reboarding over this issue would carry absolutely zero upside and possibly expose them in completely predictable ways.

Absolutely right. Personal biases aside, when it is used in accordance with the law, it is legal. Period. If the smell lingers after the product is legally consumed on land, that is not grounds for throwing someone off a ship or forbidding them from embarking. Naturally, transporting purchases procured legally on land to the ship, even when it is sailing in Alaskan waters, is a different matter.

Bob Dylan said it best: The times, they are a-changin'.

While weed possession has become legal in a number of states, it still is an illegal substance according to US federal laws. Who knows when or where federal agents might show up with dope sniffing dogs. While not currently enforced, federal laws trump state laws, so be vary wary of getting or using or even being in a location where pot is being used and then re-joining a cruise. Our crazy federal government just might decide to do something for a change.:rolleyes:

Additionally, if anyone from the line is close enough to smell me, they best be teaching me to samba or on an unauthorized visit to my cabin.

I don't recall princess security ever sniffing me.

After 9/11, I do recall seeing an explosives sniffing machine.

It wasn't in use, and I don't think it was intended to sniff

humans.

The unholy hell I would unleash on anyone from the line who dared question how I use a legal product in port, especially when anyone who rolls up to the pier reeking of cheap margaritas is welcomed back like the prodigal returning home, would be of a spectacular ferocity and volume. Why? Because the passage contract is completely mum on the topic.

Reeking of weed is neither evidence of intoxication nor possession.

Well said. The laws in the State of Washington, the State of Alaska ,and the Province of British Columbia apply here.

I've actually seen Princess onboard security use a GE MobileTrace unit to identify marijuana being transported and smoked onboard. They certainly have a responsibility to comply with all applicable laws relevant to maritime operations, and trace detection is a reasonable tool in the arsenal.

In a lot of shop windows they had a small 8x11 leaflett/signage with a cannabis leaf and some writing. I never paid attention to what it said. This was 2 weeks ago. Perhaps this alluded to what was available inside?

Too funny!

I never thought I'd see this, much less here!

You're right, it should've been on the HAL boards. The fastest growing demographic of medicinal pot users are senior citizens. Excellent when used for pain meds. Beats opiodes. On Grand next week to Alaska, have to look out for the pot smokers, or heaven forbid, Princess sniffers will kick me off. What a joke. Next will be second hand cigarette smoke getting you booted.

Aloha

Thank goodness. I do not want to be smelling pot around me when I am wanting to enjoy my vacation. :)

Maritime law and company policy will also get added to state and federal law. Most likely work place safety laws will be added as well. The cruise line doesn't want to get sued. Then there is the underage passenger liability issues. Ugh. Lawyers run the world because there are a lot of litigious and/or irresponsible people out there.