Radisson Resort at the Port?

cfr70

I got a great rate of $113 including all taxes for 1 night pre cruise but have read horror stories on review sites for this hotel where rooms are not available after booking, and rooms not ready for hours upon hours etc. I see it's close to the port however and seems popular and would like any advice from those who have stayed here.

I currently have Best Western Cocoa Beach booked for $152 total so changing to the Radisson is almost a $40 savings which is pretty good.

There seems to be nothing in the immediate vicinity of this Radisson as far as grocery stores whereas the BW has a Publix right across the street which came in real handy last time, especially since I won't be having a car.

So I'm torn between both hotels now and wondering if saving the $40 bucks is really worth it? Help?

I got a great rate of $113 including all taxes for 1 night pre cruise but have read horror stories on review sites for this hotel where rooms are not available after booking, and rooms not ready for hours upon hours etc. I see it's close to the port however and seems popular and would like any advice from those who have stayed here.

I currently have Best Western Cocoa Beach booked for $152 total so changing to the Radisson is almost a $40 savings which is pretty good.

There seems to be nothing in the immediate vicinity of this Radisson as far as grocery stores whereas the BW has a Publix right across the street which came in real handy last time, especially since I won't be having a car.

So I'm torn between both hotels now and wondering if saving the $40 bucks is really worth it? Help?

We have stayed here precruise a number of times. Yes it is an older property but our experience it has always been clean. It has a great pool with a neat little Tiki bar and a great staff.

There is also a restaurant on site but we prefer to walk next door to Kelsey’s for dinner. There is also a McDonalds right across the street.

There is a Racetrack gas station about a block and a half away which sells wine, etc.

They also offer a shuttle to the port for a small fee.

The Radisson is about a mile from the port...

I’ve stayed at the Radisson before and will be again in 3 days. It’s nice and clean, no issues during our stays. Some people just complain about everything, and leave bad reviews. Plus it’s easy to get to port and plenty of places to eat.

Comparing the two hotels in a single short post here will be an injustice to both!!!

It depends on what you are looking for. Both are perfectly fine given the right expectations and rather disappointing for some who expected something else as the reviews show.

Here are two long comparisons taking everything into account :

Best Western for Cruisers - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/best-western-cocoa-beach-hotel-suites/

Radisson for Cruisers - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/radisson-resort-port-canaveral/

Comparing the two hotels in a single short post here will be an injustice to both!!!

It depends on what you are looking for. Both are perfectly fine given the right expectations and rather disappointing for some who expected something else as the reviews show.

Here are two long comparisons taking everything into account :

Best Western for Cruisers - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/best-western-cocoa-beach-hotel-suites/

Radisson for Cruisers - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/radisson-resort-port-canaveral/

Thanks so much for these links to compare the 2 hotels. Actually that whole website is a wealth of info i've never seen before and I just bookmarked it to keep handy.

One thing I didn't know and learned from that link was the SCAT bus which changes everything. I see it stops right outside Radisson and goes to Cocoa Beach Pier!! Perfect!

I can book Radisson, save the $40 over BW and ride the bus to the pier and grocery for $3 r/t. Thanks again because it really helps make the decision now. And thanks to the other helpful replies. I'm picking Radisson now.

What is a "Petite Room" at the Resort by the Port? This is what i'm booking for the $113 total price. I'm assuming it's small which is ok since i'm solo, but I hope it at least has a window and not some dark broom closet down in the dungeon LOL. Anybody stayed in one of these or have pics?

I stayed at the Radisson at the Port a couple of weeks ago. I was just under $300 for one night and parking/shuttle. I really didn't like it. I much prefer the Country Inn and Suites.

When booking on the Radisson site earlier I actually did notice the Country Inn available for $145 for my stay and the rooms do look much nicer, but I decided against it since it's only going to be 1 night and I'd rather keep that $40 savings for other things.

If I find out I made a huge mistake and wind up hating the Resort at the Port i'll just to chalk it up to a lesson learned. :)

I rode the SCAT bus just yesterday from Terminal 1 to Publix and back (we r camping at Jetty Park)! It went really fast! The stop at Publix is right at its parking lot and the reverse is straight across the street! Just pull the wire to ring the bell for the driver to stop.

I rode the SCAT bus just yesterday from Terminal 1 to Publix and back (we r camping at Jetty Park)! It went really fast! The stop at Publix is right at its parking lot and the reverse is straight across the street! Just pull the wire to ring the bell for the driver to stop.

Thanks for that info. I do the bus all the time here in Orlando so i'll be a duck to water with this. And almost door to door from hotel to Publix makes it all the better.