Radisson Resort at the Port?

Florida Departures

Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:08 PM.
#1
Kissimmee, Florida
462 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
I got a great rate of $113 including all taxes for 1 night pre cruise but have read horror stories on review sites for this hotel where rooms are not available after booking, and rooms not ready for hours upon hours etc. I see it's close to the port however and seems popular and would like any advice from those who have stayed here.

I currently have Best Western Cocoa Beach booked for $152 total so changing to the Radisson is almost a $40 savings which is pretty good.

There seems to be nothing in the immediate vicinity of this Radisson as far as grocery stores whereas the BW has a Publix right across the street which came in real handy last time, especially since I won't be having a car.

So I'm torn between both hotels now and wondering if saving the $40 bucks is really worth it? Help?
#2
Georgia
6,326 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by cfr70
I got a great rate of $113 including all taxes for 1 night pre cruise but have read horror stories on review sites for this hotel where rooms are not available after booking, and rooms not ready for hours upon hours etc. I see it's close to the port however and seems popular and would like any advice from those who have stayed here.

I currently have Best Western Cocoa Beach booked for $152 total so changing to the Radisson is almost a $40 savings which is pretty good.

There seems to be nothing in the immediate vicinity of this Radisson as far as grocery stores whereas the BW has a Publix right across the street which came in real handy last time, especially since I won't be having a car.

So I'm torn between both hotels now and wondering if saving the $40 bucks is really worth it? Help?
We have stayed here precruise a number of times. Yes it is an older property but our experience it has always been clean. It has a great pool with a neat little Tiki bar and a great staff.

There is also a restaurant on site but we prefer to walk next door to Kelsey’s for dinner. There is also a McDonalds right across the street.

There is a Racetrack gas station about a block and a half away which sells wine, etc.

They also offer a shuttle to the port for a small fee.

The Radisson is about a mile from the port...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dianne

Carnival Glory - 11/03/03
Carnival Destiny - 11/27/05
Carnival Glory - 2/3/07
Mariner of the Seas - 4/25/08
Disney Wonder - 11/2/08
Carnival Glory - 2/7/09
Emerald Princess - 11/8/09
Freedom of the Seas - 5/9/10
Freedom of the Seas - 11/7/10
Disney Dream - 5/22/11
Carnival Dream - 10/22/11
Carnival Fascination - 1/16/12
Carnival Fascination - 4/28/12
Carnival Dream - 10/20/12
Carnival Fascination - 01/28/13
Carnival Fascination - 04/27/13
Allure of the Seas - 11/3/13
Freedom of the Seas - 4/6/14
Freedom of the Seas - 8/31/14
Carnival Liberty - 11/28/14
Brilliance of the Seas - 2/23/15 (cancelled FOG cruise )
Brilliance of the Seas - 4/11/15
Freedom of the Seas - 6/14/15
Enchantment of the Seas - 9/21/15
Freedom of the Seas - 9/27/15
Disney Dream - 4/4/16
Freedom of the Seas - 5/15/16
Freedom of the Seas - 10/2/16
Oasis of the Seas - 1/15/17
Oasis of the Seas - 3/26/17
Oasis of the Seas - 8/27/17
Oasis of the Seas - 10/22/17
Brilliance of the Seas - 11/23/17
Oasis of the Seas - 2/4/18
Oasis of the Seas - 4/29/18
Oasis of the Seas - 8/26/18
Oasis of the Seas - 10/7/18
Navigator of the Seas - 11/23/18
#3
Orlando,Fl
98 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by cfr70
I got a great rate of $113 including all taxes for 1 night pre cruise but have read horror stories on review sites for this hotel where rooms are not available after booking, and rooms not ready for hours upon hours etc. I see it's close to the port however and seems popular and would like any advice from those who have stayed here.

I currently have Best Western Cocoa Beach booked for $152 total so changing to the Radisson is almost a $40 savings which is pretty good.

There seems to be nothing in the immediate vicinity of this Radisson as far as grocery stores whereas the BW has a Publix right across the street which came in real handy last time, especially since I won't be having a car.

So I'm torn between both hotels now and wondering if saving the $40 bucks is really worth it? Help?

I’ve stayed at the Radisson before and will be again in 3 days. It’s nice and clean, no issues during our stays. Some people just complain about everything, and leave bad reviews. Plus it’s easy to get to port and plenty of places to eat.
#4
Cape Canaveral
827 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Comparing the two hotels in a single short post here will be an injustice to both!!!

It depends on what you are looking for. Both are perfectly fine given the right expectations and rather disappointing for some who expected something else as the reviews show.

Here are two long comparisons taking everything into account :

Best Western for Cruisers - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/best-w...-hotel-suites/

Radisson for Cruisers - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/radiss...ort-canaveral/
#5
Kissimmee, Florida
462 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Originally posted by SteerageJoe
Comparing the two hotels in a single short post here will be an injustice to both!!!

It depends on what you are looking for. Both are perfectly fine given the right expectations and rather disappointing for some who expected something else as the reviews show.

Here are two long comparisons taking everything into account :

Best Western for Cruisers - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/best-w...-hotel-suites/

Radisson for Cruisers - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/radiss...ort-canaveral/

Thanks so much for these links to compare the 2 hotels. Actually that whole website is a wealth of info i've never seen before and I just bookmarked it to keep handy.
One thing I didn't know and learned from that link was the SCAT bus which changes everything. I see it stops right outside Radisson and goes to Cocoa Beach Pier!! Perfect!
I can book Radisson, save the $40 over BW and ride the bus to the pier and grocery for $3 r/t. Thanks again because it really helps make the decision now. And thanks to the other helpful replies. I'm picking Radisson now.
#6
Kissimmee, Florida
462 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
What is a "Petite Room" at the Resort by the Port? This is what i'm booking for the $113 total price. I'm assuming it's small which is ok since i'm solo, but I hope it at least has a window and not some dark broom closet down in the dungeon LOL. Anybody stayed in one of these or have pics?
#7
Mount Pleasant, SC
77 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
I stayed at the Radisson at the Port a couple of weeks ago. I was just under $300 for one night and parking/shuttle. I really didn't like it. I much prefer the Country Inn and Suites.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill and Christine
__________________________
Empress of the Seas 06/30/05
Vision of the Seas 08/18/06
Enchantment of the Seas 07/17/08
Monarch of the Seas 12/13/10
Freedom of the Seas 12/04/11
Oasis of the Seas 03/04/2018
Booked
Allure of the Seas 12/02/2018
Mariner of the Seas 05/06/2019


#8
Kissimmee, Florida
462 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Originally posted by Alaska06
I stayed at the Radisson at the Port a couple of weeks ago. I was just under $300 for one night and parking/shuttle. I really didn't like it. I much prefer the Country Inn and Suites.
When booking on the Radisson site earlier I actually did notice the Country Inn available for $145 for my stay and the rooms do look much nicer, but I decided against it since it's only going to be 1 night and I'd rather keep that $40 savings for other things.

If I find out I made a huge mistake and wind up hating the Resort at the Port i'll just to chalk it up to a lesson learned.
#9
Cape Canaveral
827 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
I rode the SCAT bus just yesterday from Terminal 1 to Publix and back (we r camping at Jetty Park)! It went really fast! The stop at Publix is right at its parking lot and the reverse is straight across the street! Just pull the wire to ring the bell for the driver to stop.
#10
Kissimmee, Florida
462 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Originally posted by SteerageJoe
I rode the SCAT bus just yesterday from Terminal 1 to Publix and back (we r camping at Jetty Park)! It went really fast! The stop at Publix is right at its parking lot and the reverse is straight across the street! Just pull the wire to ring the bell for the driver to stop.

Thanks for that info. I do the bus all the time here in Orlando so i'll be a duck to water with this. And almost door to door from hotel to Publix makes it all the better.