Norwegian Bliss interest?

RMS Olympic

Klr6773, I know what you mean about priorities. I am concentrating on the house this year to allow trips next year. Got the bliss scheduled, now to consider the celebrity edge for the fall of 2018. All dependent on the dog.... Bad separation issues😞

• 3 weeks later...

I (John) and a friend (Rich) are very likely to be booking this cruise. Having been through the old Panama Canal locks this will be an opportunity to see how the new locks work from a larger -- and new -- ship. Would have liked to do the TA to New York and then take the ship down to Miami but the trip from New York to Miami is being used by the cruise line for its "travel partners." So far they are not booking anyone else but travel partners.

• 4 months later...

Hey Cruiser Bruiser.....booked a second Bliss cruise in a solo cabin. Really like the changes as compared to the Escape. By the way, looking over your cruise history, I had forgotten we were on the RSVP POA Hawaiian cruise together. Now I have to wait till the Nieuw Statendam to say hi

• 3 months later...

Just came across this thread after doing a search to see if anyone was doing the Bliss. Just got off the Jade cruise to Panama. I was on the Jade in 2015 and they did a complete renovation. I saw the 'before" and "after" and the ship was great. The staff and ship was excellent. I like the Jewel class ships because its more intimate and you get to know people more. I am young so I wanted to meet more people. I did that on this cruise. The food is good - not great, but not bad. They did enforce dress codes in the main dining room. Entertainment was good with some shows being very good. The ports were fantastic especially Costa Maya and Harvest Caye (Norwegian's new resort - less than a year old).

I did their onboard presentation on future cruises and on the Bliss. The ship looks amazing and is designed specifically for Alaska.

I want to book for the Alaska cruise. I can do the solo suite but would be fun to go with others (tired of going with family all the time). Anyone interested? Also would do another one on the Jade.

• 2 weeks later...

Well June can't get here fast enough. Got the cruise paid for, flights from Tampa to Seattle and back....first class baby. Pre cruise hotel taken care of by NCL.

Booked two excursions, train ride, lumberjack show.....lumber jacks.

Awaiting the Juneau helicopter glacier walk tour to be loaded to the web site. Might go with a local tour operator if the cost is radically different.

Next up is scheduling specialty dining for all 7 nights....love my specialty restaurants.

It will be 16 years since my cruise to Alaska which was in the month of September....curious as to what the weather will be like in June.

So June...I'm ready to go

Anyone else on the June 2nd sailing?

• 2 weeks later...

The Escape was wonderful. I loved the spa all day everyday!

I am back on the Star (again) for a trans-Panama Canal in mid-Feb 2018 having formerly sailed her while watching the lava flows upon returning to my other home, Hawaii.

Nothing better than a 14-day cruise as that is when you can truly RELAX. 7-10 days barely does it for me anymore. Just when you fully relax you are pulling back into home port again.

Reservations supposedly open in January....so I am waiting for info. As I have booked an Alaska cruise on Princess this coming September I will now book Bliss on her crossing. Since the cabin set up on Bliss should mirror Escape I hope to book a cabin overlooking the bow. Curious as to what air fare NCL will offer. Hope there will be a fun crowd on the Bliss.......👹

Kekaha, happy you enjoyed the Escape. For a huge mass market ship which is not my taste... I enjoyed her as well. Got spoiled with the Vibe....ran like a Beyotch to get a pass....could not imagine the cruise without the Vibe.

I'm hoping Bliss will be equally great. Very curious as to how she will be in the Caribbean....but will find out in spring 2019 as I have booked a second cruise on her. Then it's onto the Sky Princess on her inaugural Oct 20, 2019. Princess....ya r what ya sail on ...then the long wait for the inaugural on Virgin Voyages....I can be a virgin again

Kekaha, happy you enjoyed the Escape. For a huge mass market ship which is not my taste... I enjoyed her as well. Got spoiled with the Vibe....ran like a Beyotch to get a pass....could not imagine the cruise without the Vibe.

I'm hoping Bliss will be equally great. Very curious as to how she will be in the Caribbean....but will find out in spring 2019 as I have booked a second cruise on her. Then it's onto the Sky Princess on her inaugural Oct 20, 2019. Princess....ya r what ya sail on ...then the long wait for the inaugural on Virgin Voyages....I can be a virgin again

I’m excited about the Virgin Voyages as well!

I’ll be glad when there is more info available for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Booked the Bliss for the Panama Canal sailing March 2019...looking forward to it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Husbear and I are booked for this cruise as well and started the Roll Call thread. Should be fun. Wondering how full the ship will be.

Glad to see others are excited as well! I like the changes made to this latest version, and am interested in sailing her in two different climates. Alaska in June, Caribbean the following March. Next up the Encore whose reservations open next month. Encore in Feb 2020 .....

• 1 month later...

I'm booked on the Bliss, as part of a gay group cruise, for the November 24 sailing out of Miami. The pictures of the interiors look less "cruise shippy" than usual. looking forward to checking it out.

My husband and I have a long, long way to go until we leave in December 2019. We've never done NCL before, and it was going to be our first time cruising from home, until we decided to book an Anthem of the Seas trip for next January.

I’m very pleased with the overall look of the Bliss. I think they interior is a step up from the earlier versions (Getaway and Escape). The go cart track....no interest. I think better use of that much space is in order for the Encore. Looking forward to the first Alaska cruise on June 2nd. I also booked another sailing the end of a January to see how she is in warm waters. Alaska it’s an outside overlooking the bow, January a solo cabin to 1, save $$$, 2. Experience the virtual window . The Solo on the Escape was just fine, this ship looks like the bed might be a bit smaller to allow for more floor space. There is so much on this ship, it will take two sailings to try everything.....for a mass market line, I’m finding more to like and less to find fault with. Passengers are another matter

• 2 months later...

My partner (Chris) and I (Dave) will be aboard the Bliss for the 21-28 July sailing to Alaska - our first Alaskan cruise. We're following up the cruise with a self-booked four day land tour to Anchorage / Denali. We're from Norfolk Va. We usually sail on RCCL and NCL, but have also sailed Carnival and Princess. Also enjoy sailing on Atlantis cruises, but didn't see anything going to Alaska and the airfare for the August Med cruise made this Alaska cruise comparably priced. Hope to meet some LGBTQ friends aboard the Bliss!

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this ship!!! Many of the short comings of the earlier versions have been addressed. Crew great, food great, observation lounge wonderful, especially the bar. Already counting the months till the Jan 26 sailing. I don’t like big ships...but this one gets a big thumbs up. Ncl is t perfect, but for the money, it’s wonderful in my opinion.

I'm going solo on the 5th October 2018 Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA. Loved the Escape last year, and I'm hoping to avoid the worst of hurricane season by going out of LA. This will be my first solo cruise where I didn't have friends/family also on board, so I'm hoping to make new friends on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed my booking to Feb 16 as I had a conflict with the Jan sailing. I also switched to a solo cabin this time as I spent so little time in my cabin sailing Alaska. Looking forward to dinning at a Ocean this time. Will dine all seven nights in various specialty restaurants...minus Q which I did not enjoy.

I have the crossing of The a Encore booked...and now the Joy is coming back! Maybe early 2020 for the Joy. Never thought I would be a regular on NCL.....but they really are improving.