HAL Rotterdam feedback?

RMS Olympic

• 3 weeks later...
Hey RMS - My partner and I just booked the Rotterdam for January as well. What dates will you be sailing? We're on the 7th to 14th. Looking forward to trying one of the smaller HAL ships!

Hey guys - I'm sailing on January 7th out of Tampa too! Cruising with my parents this time, leaving the hubby at home! Hope to see you guys on board!

We are looking at the Rotterdam from Rotterdam(!) July, 2018. Will get us back to the States, Boston. Also looking at alternatives.

If you depart June 30,we are on the same sailing. I gave up a B2B2B on Celebrity and the QE2 for this itinerary - so I’m really hoping we enjoy the ship. My husband was very interested in returning to Iceland and going to Greenland.

Maureen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Tropicsoul.

Well Sunday can’t get here fast enough, hope it warms up a little.

Too bad your hubby cannot join you and the folks.

I look forward to meeting you and westoftheashleys. If we don’t meet on Sunday....maybe in Key West.....will plan on wearing my RMS Olympic T-shirt....easy to spot .

Tom

• 1 month later...
i am interested in the Rotterdam and would like to hear from anyone who has sailed her in the last year. She supposedly is going into dry dock this Oct-Nov time frame....not sure how extensive her refresh will be. Any comments or feed back would be greatly appreciated....as I am on the fence about a cruise early next year out of Tampa.

Thanks

Ps....its been quite a while since I have been on HAL....thinking its time for a return🤓

Tom, its ALWAYS time to return to a HAL cruise. . .

even if the ship is a bit older, the service, friendly staff, excellent iteneraries, and "class" that HAL has makes it worth it. Come sail with us on the Noordam, Apr 13th, shes a fine ship (my favorite!)

Greetings OhioLair!

The Rotterdam was great, nice to be on a smaller ship for a change. I’m considering the Nieuw Amsterdam next January as she is on my bucket list.

Your cruise on Noordam sounds great....wish I could make it but I have an Alaska cruise scheduled for Early June on the new Norwegian Bliss.

I hope to read about your cruise....it may help me to decide on a future cruise on HAL to Bali round trip from Singapor.

Bon Voyage guys

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed the 21-day Caribbean cruise and must say, really enjoyed the cruise!

There were a few hiccups here and there. Knowing that the ms Rotterdam is an older ship, I must say the crew are still taking great care of her. Sadly, there were a couple of bad odors for some guests, and a few of the windows in Staterooms had bad streaks between the glass (one guest said their glass had mold/mildew growing between the panes)

My shower in my room was difficult. Knowing how a European outlet works with the small button to get a more forceful stream and/or hot water, my shower only had HOT water for about 30 minutes before the cold would kick in for the water to be tolerable. It took nearly 4 days for maintenance to figure out what was going on, however, I was able to just deal with it.

Crew were AMAZING! Always had my favorite seat, drink at the Ocean View Bar, greeted everyday with a smile, and even the Security team at ports started to chat more when I would embark/disembark. There was one bartender at the Crow's Nest who seemed like they just didn't want to work, other than that, everyone was top notch.

Excursions were great, even got credited for one where they didn't have enough interest, so I was happy with that. I would love to visit with these same guys again!