Big question

alphawave1

So my partner and I are going on the Liberty of the Seas on April 8th.

I am Diamond status, she is just Platinum. We, after lots of e-mails and phone calls, were able to get her access to Diamond Lounge on last cruise from Miami. We obviously wAnt to be together in the lounge.

So...... now they are asking if we have a marriage license. No, we don’t but we are considered common law, I suppose. Obviously have same address, etc.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Are straight couples asked this? For the life of me I can’t find the rules on couples and Diamond Lounge access.

Have you posted your question on the Royal Caribbean board? I'm sure there are others who have traveled with others in their cabin who were not Diamond. And you might want to reconsider supposing that you are in a common law marriage and find out for sure. Less than a third of the states recognize common law marriages and a handful of them don't recognize ones unless they were created before a certain date, the most recent date being 1/1/2005 for those in Pennsylvania.

So my partner and I are going on the Liberty of the Seas on April 8th.

I am Diamond status, she is just Platinum. We, after lots of e-mails and phone calls, were able to get her access to Diamond Lounge on last cruise from Miami. We obviously wAnt to be together in the lounge.

So...... now they are asking if we have a marriage license. No, we don’t but we are considered common law, I suppose. Obviously have same address, etc.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Are straight couples asked this? For the life of me I can’t find the rules on couples and Diamond Lounge access.

Perhaps, now's the time to pop the question to her!