Most popular cruise ship?

joni07

We have found LGBTQ aboard Carnival and Royal, and always welcome. We have done charters such as Bare Necessities, Bliss, Atlantis and others, and they are always part of the party.

Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Celebrity seem to be the mass-market line of choice among the posters on this board. Partly I think because the ships look chic and partly because they market aggressively to the LGBT community. It's the only line that sponsors showings at the San Francisco Queer Film Festival, for example.

They almost never actually sail out of San Francisco, though. Princess does, and in the nine months total I've spent aboard the line they've always been officially gay-friendly, from the delightfully flamboyant CD who did drag on stage to the gay headwaiter who introduced us to his husband, who was also on staff, to picking me and my husband to compete in the Marriage Game. It just seems to have limited cachet amongst the Cruise Critic Gays.

Edited by shepp

We also have never had an issue...and always felt welcomed by staff and fellow passengers. We have sailed Celebrity, Oceania, Royal and Princess.

Oceania is our favorite (35 days on board), closely followed by Celebrity (62 days on board).

Joe

Holland America has ALWAYS been warm and welcoming to us.

Disney, surprisingly, was startled we were gay when on a family trip.

NCL was. . . nice about it, but it was the only time we were acosted and called names aboard a ship for being gay.