First “Straight” Cruise

patrick401ca

After 10 Atlantis and RSVP cruises we booked our first straight cruise - or at least as straight as it can be with me and my husband aboard.

We are quite curious regarding what the experience will be like and how it will compare.

We chose a straight cruise this time because it is eastern Mediterranean and very port driven. The charters book up too quickly and often don’t have the combination of dates and ports that we might want. Leaving the comfort of the gay charters gave us so much more flexibility.

We are still going to go on gay charters but this should be a fun way to mix things up

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will do just fine… You will find a lot of other gay people on board as well… We predominately book straight cruises and everyone is amazing… We have wonderful connections with people we have met that we are still in touch with years later… All straight people

You will do just fine… You will find a lot of other gay people on board as well… We predominately book straight cruises and everyone is amazing… We have wonderful connections with people we have met that we are still in touch with years later… All straight people

Agreed, go and have a great time! Look for the LGBT gathering, sometimes they are busy and you can meet great people, other times there is no one there, but still worth a shot to meet others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After 10 Atlantis and RSVP cruises we booked our first straight cruise - or at least as straight as it can be with me and my husband aboard.

We are quite curious regarding what the experience will be like and how it will compare.

We chose a straight cruise this time because it is eastern Mediterranean and very port driven. The charters book up too quickly and often don’t have the combination of dates and ports that we might want. Leaving the comfort of the gay charters gave us so much more flexibility.

We are still going to go on gay charters but this should be a fun way to mix things up

After seeing vids of friends on RSVP/Atlantis, we've had no desire to go that route. The extra charged for all gay cruises is a downer as well. Not sure the ship your on. Some do better LGBT meetings than others. We did a Jan.2018 trip on the Riviera ship. There was NO LGBT meetings at all. Less than 1200 on this ship, so it's quite small. Still we met some other gay couples & hung out together. We usually don't care either way if we meet someone or not, as we're cruising for us & not for who we may meet. You should have a good time. If you guys are "over the top" you may get noticed, though I doubt you'll have any issues. Just have fun.

We have only sailed on "straight" cruises. Never a problem and always a good time, especially late night in the disco. As others have said, look for the LGBT meetings, or "Friends of Dorothy". I think of the four lines I have traveled on, Princess does the best as there is a crew member present to get the party started. It is really what you make of it.

We've only ever taken normal 'inclusive' cruises (where there are a mix of different people on board, no-one is excluded on the basis of their gender. race, or sexuality etc), so I can't imagine wanting to take an exclusively gay/black/white/anything cruise.

I think you'll enjoy meeting different types of people to what you may be used to. I'm very interested to know how you find it, so please do report back.