A "FREE" diet help aid

serene56

In work this past week a few women were looking around the net for diet help aids. One came across a wonderful site.

www.mydailyplate.com Its free unless you want added support of message boards.

go to the site- register- put in your stuff--height weight. It will ask what you want to do- so i put in 2 pounds a week. It calculates my calories for me-

dont pay anything ..then sign on. on the tool bar is MY PLATE.

if the calories you can eat are too low you can change those by clicking on recalculate your recommended daily caloric intake

use the search bar at the top and type in the food you are eating/drinking. Tyupe in cereal and it will give you names, portion sizes etc and the calories.. click on add to my plate and will recalculate how many calories you are still allowed for the day.

I was VERY surprised on how many empty calories i was eating.

Started using this online food journal and now am excited to watch what I eat... ok-its only been 2 days--:D but i am not eating that candy bar since I know i can only eat xx amount of calories for the day and whew that candy will just take me to that goal a little bit faster.

Try it and let me know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the link. No wonder I am gaining and not losing, I ate enough for two of me.:mad:

I did it the first day and was amazed at what i was eating. I mean mustard-- I used to pur on my sandwhich coz weight watchers allow mustard at zero points.

I also eat mentos as a smoking deterent--- at 10 calories each I now cut that down.

For me-- its easier to drink water since i have to mark it. I have a sports bottle (16oz) I get one in the morning-- it better be done by lunch--or i gotta guzzle it down. One in the afternoon and its done by 5-- and another at night.

I still do an occasional soda-- except now I will take a bottle of soda and pour half into a glass.

Amazing how much mindless eating i did in any given day.

Archived