February cruise to Mexico or Bahamas

familycrusing

The Bahamas are right off the coast of Miami and they just had cold temps. Temps are similar so check Miami's temps. If you want to swim we have found the water to be a lot colder in February in the Bahamas.

Mexico should be a lot warmer but our New Years cruise was 72 in Cozumel with heavy winds but that is very rare.

If you have to choose between the two, Mexico is certainly going to offer better weather. But, are you sure those are your only options? Neither approaches Eastern or Southern Caribbean. Of course, they might be the least expensive --- but then you should ask yourself: why are they the least expensive?

We have cruised several times in Jan/Feb to Mexico and points south, and coming back into port has always been a winter adventure (Tampa and New Orleans) and while we have been chilled in Cozumel -what great temperatures to go walking amongst the Mayan Ruins out of Progresso.

If you are into swimming, Mexico would be my bet, and further south if you can combine a Mahogany Bay too. If you are into just cool weather and walking along the beach, the Bahamas would be great. We seem to do the Bahamas during November and December, and even by December it's been too cold to swim.

The waters off the Bahamas are blue-Mexico-green-both clear, both beautiful-look to your shore excursion desires to figure out which one you want.

The Bahamas are NOT in the Caribbean...they are Atlantic Islands...and have Florida like temps. Could be chilly, could be warm...no telling!

What does the location of the Bahamas have to do with the OP's question? They just wanted to know which of two destinations people would pick.

OP, you should have better weather in Mexico that time of year. To me the water in either location is too cold to swim without a wet suit, but sine I take one that is not an issue. What you might find is air temps as low as the upper 50's during the day in the Bahamas, not common, but possible. You also might have snow in Jacksonville, again not common but it happens. In the Cozumel area, you should find temps in the mid 70's.

If I had to chose I would go to Mexico.