Visa for Egypt

cruzin'd

Is it easy to obtain a Visa for Egypt at the airport when entering from Isreal on a pre-trip? Is it necessary to buy Visa (at high cost) before leaving US from company suggested by River Boat Co? I understand the cost at airport is $15.00 as opposed to $100.00. Would love to hear from cruisers who bought Visa at airport and their experiences.

Thank you

You can always buy a visa at the airport and you're right it's much cheaper. The problem is Cairo airport is very hectic and there are usually long lines. If you're doing this on your own I'ld suggest getting the visa ahead of time. When we were there-4 years ago- I asked specifically about Israel and was told "not a problem".

We were entering Egypt from Israel and had no problem in getting a visa. Just go to one of several bank windows and buy it there. Did not have a long line. Very easy, fast and much cheaper! We were there in March.

In Luxor last November 4 flights arrived from UK almost together. Long lines but moved quickly to get visa. The took sterling and gave some change in Egyptian. They didn't seem to want Egyptian currency as payment for some reason.

I know they accept US currency-I think that's the only thing they accept if you're from the US- I don't know if they accept credit cards. If anyone out there knows if they accept credit cards please let us know! Thanks

:) We went in February. The VISA's are sold BEFORE you come to the passport control. Exact location depends on which terminal you use. Go to the VISA window FIRST. Coat is $15 US currency each. Then to passport control NO DELAYS. WE were at the luggage "belt" before ours arrived.

Good luck

tom

Thanks for everyone's reply. We'll wait until we get there to get our Visa. Does anyone know about a double enty? Our friends will enter Egypt once from Israel and a second entry to Egypt when they return from their trip to Petra. Can they wait until they get to Egypt to buy both Visa's or should they do it ahead of time because of the double entry. Any thoughts?

We also entered Egypt twice, once from Israel and once from Jordan. We had to buy two single entry visas because they do not sell multipe entry visas at the airport. It still is less expensive at $15 each than purchasing a head of time by mail. If you do purchase by mail ahead of time you are able to get multipe entry visas. If we had to do it again I would still purchase the visas at the airport.

Archived