Best Travelon Messenger bag for museums in Europe?

I am in a need of a bag that I can bring into the museums in Europe. Backpacks need to be checked but purses do not. I liked Rick Steves bag (https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/ipad-bag) but can only by it online and charge shipping. My next option is Travelon one reason is the security features (passport such in money belt). There are so many varieties? Does anyone have one that worked for them in Amsterdam and through Europe museums?

The museums have gotten more and more strict and there is no way they would let you walk around with anything that even looks like a back pack.

They allow a woman’s purse but not a tote which would be considered too large.

Leave your valuables in a safe at the hotel or on ship and take a small handbag and you’ll be good.

Many European museums have lockers to store your belongings. In ones we have visited we use it for jackets and our daypack, and I keep out a small crossbody bag. My husband wears a travel vest with lots of pockets for his "stuff".

I just purchased a Travelon Anti-Theft Signature 3 Compartment Crossbody, from Amazon Canada for my trip in May. It is larger in size than I expected (I never use large purses in general, so perhaps it is only large in my mind), so I hope it won't be an issue visiting the Vatican.

• 2 months later...

I like this bag and the other Travelon but the prices are high. Maybe I can find something with the dimensions of roughly

11 ¼" x 8" x 1 ½" in Marshalls or something similar.

Thanks

Both my husband and I bought Pac Safe bags for our trips to Europe. They were great and we had no issues anywhere.

https://www.pacsafe.com/metrosafe-ls250-anti-theft-shoulder-bag/30425100.html?cgid=bags-cross-body#start=1

(I hope that link works)

• 3 weeks later...
I bought this travelon for a trip to Spain . It worked great . I loved the side area for water bottles

https://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/ant-theft-classic-cross-body-bucket-bag/261878?productid=10267544

That looks about the same size as the travelon purse I bought for my upcoming trip...different style. I was worried the size might be too large...glad to know it should be okay.

I used this pacsafe one on 2 Europe trips to France, UK & Ireland. Lots of museums, never had to check it. Held so much. Pale colour lining is a bonus as contents of bag is easy to see.

Pacsafe Luggage Citysafe 200 Gii Handbag, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QN2VKW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_e7S7Ab08WDMTK

I will take it this coming trip to France too but depends on how much paperwork I have to carry on a daily basis. I’m school tour leader for 17 teens and have to carry paperwork for them everywhere I go which adds up to quite a lot. My partner has a pacsafe backpack and that might be what I take this time if all the paperwork doesn’t fit in the messenger. I do prefer handbags to backpacks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went to Europe last summer (on a cruise of course:D) and I bought a Travelon bag but to be honest with you, I never used it.

:eek:........I had a couple of smaller items that held what I needed and so it was really a waist of money, oh well........you live and learn.

I am cruising out of Venice in July and I am not looking for another crossbody bag for this trip.

I am with you

Lois R. I really like the Travelon but for the price you have to use it everyday or travel A LOT to fork over 60 for a bag (at least for me). The one I purchased on Amazon is really nice, lots of pockets, small and looks like real leather trimming. For under $25 i think this is the better option.

I went to Europe last summer (on a cruise of course:D) and I bought a Travelon bag but to be honest with you, I never used it.

:eek:........I had a couple of smaller items that held what I needed and so it was really a waist of money, oh well........you live and learn.

I am cruising out of Venice in July and I am not looking for another crossbody bag for this trip.

I am with you

Lois R. I really like the Travelon but for the price you have to use it everyday or travel A LOT to fork over 60 for a bag (at least for me). The one I purchased on Amazon is really nice, lots of pockets, small and looks like real leather trimming. For under $25 i think this is the better option.

Which one did you buy on Amazon?....oh, I see the link.........thanks.............

• 4 weeks later...