domestic flight from Sydney to AS will we make this ?

I received a message from Susan to skip the Mereenie Loop Road would love to know why but I cannot find this post to reply on.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

Edited because I realised you wanted to start in Alice. We've chosen to start in Uluru and spend as much time as we need before heading back to Alice and the West MacDonnell Ranges. Good luck with your choices.

Edited because I realised you wanted to start in Alice. We've chosen to start in Uluru and spend as much time as we need before heading back to Alice and the West MacDonnell Ranges. Good luck with your choices.

would you please share your thoughts, at this point all is open for us as we did not book our flights yet

thanks

would you please share your thoughts, at this point all is open for us as we did not book our flights yet

thanks

We're planning 7 days/6 nights. 3 nights at the Ayers Rock Resort will give us 2 full days to do all the walks, sunsets and sunrises at Uluru and Kata Juta and enjoy the Field of Light. One night at Kings Canyon, then 2 nights in Alice Springs with a full day to explore the West MacDonnells. This could be done in reverse of course.

We decided on the itinerary for two reasons. We may never get the chance to return to Central Australia so we want to see as much as we can, and we've never driven a 4WD. The thought of the Mereenie Loop Road and the loose sand on the Gosse Bluff road helped make our decision.

We're planning 7 days/6 nights. 3 nights at the Ayers Rock Resort will give us 2 full days to do all the walks, sunsets and sunrises at Uluru and Kata Juta and enjoy the Field of Light. One night at Kings Canyon, then 2 nights in Alice Springs with a full day to explore the West MacDonnells. This could be done in reverse of course.

We decided on the itinerary for two reasons. We may never get the chance to return to Central Australia so we want to see as much as we can, and we've never driven a 4WD. The thought of the Mereenie Loop Road and the loose sand on the Gosse Bluff road helped make our decision.

thanks for your help, we feel the same way about never having the chance returning to this lovely spot, and we also have never driven a 4wd.... what worries me the most is driving from Uluru to Kings Canyon takes about 3 hours, arriving there early afternoon so too hot doing the rim walk. the day after we can do the rim walk but then we need to drive all the way to AS which seems to be a very long ride even wen you take the Hwy… that was our major problem I seem not to get it fixed. I wonder again how you solved this issue … thanks again for your time to help out.

We plan on leaving Uluru at first light and doing the rim walk straight away. We're going in winter, still hot, but with plenty of water we'll be fine. And our 3 nights at Uluru will help us acclimatise.

It's not a better plan, just the one we have. The distances in Australia often upset the best made plans so it's best to allow time in case of.....

But, things we will not miss - sunrise and sunset at both Uluru and Kata Juta. Walk and drive the base at Uluru. Walk Valley of the Winds at Kata Juta. Field of Light and dinner. Walk the rim at Kings Canyon. Walk the pound at Ormiston Gorge. A short walk on the Larapinta Trail followed by a well deserved swim at Ellery Creek Big Hole. Visit the ochre pits and Simpsons Gap.