Calling all fellow coffee snobs

Mommawo

Exactly, and it makes sense. Why eat a filet mignon well done? It's going to taste the same as any other cheap cut of beef once it's overcooked like that.

I like dark roast personally but not a well done steak lol

let me tell you about something else you'll miss on your cruise in case you didn't know...no sweet tea anywhere on the ship.

Long Island Iced Tea, by comparison, is plentiful.

I will be just fine with the Long Island

Surely, being from the south, you have made "sun tea".

Carnival has hot water on the lido or you can order it room service.

What you make on the ship may not be as good as you make at home, but it can get you by for a few days.

For coffee, I just bring my favorite creamer from home. It's not exactly the same, but close enough for a week.

With the amount of sugar required for southern sweet tea I would be taking all the sugar packets from everywhere and spending hours opening them lol

Lol! Starbucks isn't "coffee" IMO...it's burnt, bitter and BLECH! I've found that room service and dining room coffee is fine. Not a fan of the buffet coffee....

I don't drink Starbucks anymore (can't afford it, oddly I could when I was working retail making far less than I do now) but they do have a blonde roast that is quite good.

Nowadays I either brew my own coffee or get McDonald's coffee. It gets the job done without giving me indigestion, like many other coffees are wont to do.

I order my coffee from New Orleans and like my coffee rich and dark. I can make do with the coffee in the MDR, room service or lido. If I'm getting coffee from the lido, I take my insulated coffee cup and start off with a little soft serve vanilla before topping off with the coffee. Sometimes I do a mix of hot chocolate and coffee in the insulated cup. But I also stop by Java Blue from time to time and find their coffee is excellent. The prices on their spiked coffee is actually a bargain. I don't drink enough adult beverages to justify Cheers, so I just pay as I go.

Years ago when we first started cruising, we cruised with NCL. Hopefully they have improved their coffee, because that was the worst coffee I had ever had. Carnival's coffee is a much better. Just not great, by any means.

No, NCLs coffee is not good! I don't even drink it at breakfast time. I stick with tea or get one from the Atrium café. They have Starbucks at least.

The Sunshine didn't have drip, but they had Keurig K-cups (which were exhausted by the second day of the 5-day cruise...grrrrrr) and of course Espresso.

The Ecstasy does not have drip coffee in the coffee shop, except the drip coffee in Lido/MDR/room service which we have already commented on.

Sailing on the Sunshine next May. Do they really have a Keurig?

The Sunshine didn't have drip, but they had Keurig K-cups (which were exhausted by the second day of the 5-day cruise...grrrrrr) and of course Espresso.

The Ecstasy does not have drip coffee in the coffee shop, except the drip coffee in Lido/MDR/room service which we have already commented on.

Well, like I said, it probably varies by ship. I remember it wasn't available on the Ecstasy.

While I like my Keurig at home, not sure I'd be crazy about going to a coffee bar and paying a few bucks for someone else to make it for me.