Breaking news! Use your OBC to pre-book shorex!

BBMacLaird

This is great! We have OBC from a price reduction. Can this be used for the excursions?

Now we just need excursions [emoji16]. We have 2 ports - Charleston, SC and Hamilton, Bermuda. We have been to Bermuda many times, so we will do our own thing there, but we would be interested in doing something in Charleston. But no excursions are showing for that port at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Works on Firefox for me

So you are able to log into the Voyage Planner? I've tried all day and can't get in using Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Even the Customer Service person I talked to tried to log in through the Voyage Planner and got the same message. That's when they told me the site might be down for another 24-48 hours. Now there is a message on the home page saying everything except the browse functions are down until 6/21 at 3am.

Worked perfectly this morning, cancelled our paid for shore excursions for our Suez cruise in October and rebooked them all using our OBC. The amounts refunded in UK GBP exactly matches what we initially paid and the OBC was deducted by the same amount - result!

Only one slight glitch, all the changes bar one were confirmed by email, however on checking the Voyage Planner all changes have been made and OBC applied.

No problem using iPad Air 2 and Safari on iOS 11.4

Well done Azamara!

Works on Firefox for me

It is because there are problems with individual sailings. That is why it worked for you, but doesn't work for me or others.

1 of our sailings works fine, 1 throws me to a 404 and 1 gives me the permissions error posted above. Will give it 24-48 hours to see if it shakes out. No big deal.

Worked perfectly this morning, cancelled our paid for shore excursions for our Suez cruise in October and rebooked them all using our OBC. The amounts refunded in UK GBP exactly matches what we initially paid and the OBC was deducted by the same amount - result!

Only one slight glitch, all the changes bar one were confirmed by email, however on checking the Voyage Planner all changes have been made and OBC applied.

No problem using iPad Air 2 and Safari on iOS 11.4

Well done Azamara!

Thank you Azamarajunkie! This is what we like to hear...that it is an easy transaction. It goes without saying that this is our goal...ease and convenience for those with OBC to pre-book!

For those of you still having issues with accessing our Voyage Planner, please be patient.

And don’t forget you can write to webcontent@azamara.com with the details (voyage date, ship, your name, your booking number, an explanation of what you’re trying to do, the error code you’re getting, and if possible a screenshot of the error code you’re getting.) This will result in us opening a ‘ticket’ and researching your particular issue you’re having with our website. And it’ll help us identify what the problem is. We realize that if you’re having a problem there are no doubt many others also experiencing the same. Thank you!

For those of you still having issues with accessing our Voyage Planner, please be patient.

And don’t forget you can write to webcontent@azamara.com with the details (voyage date, ship, your name, your booking number, an explanation of what you’re trying to do, the error code you’re getting, and if possible a screenshot of the error code you’re getting.) This will result in us opening a ‘ticket’ and researching your particular issue you’re having with our website. And it’ll help us identify what the problem is. We realize that if you’re having a problem there are no doubt many others also experiencing the same. Thank you!

All emails going to webcontent@azamara.com are bounced. (Tried several times with different email providers). Could it be webcontent@azamaraclubcruises.com maybe? Tried that and hasn't bounced yet.

Bonnie,

I am very pleased to be able to use OBC to pre-book shorex. Yesterday, the call center was able to cancel 2 shorex I had previously booked and rebook with OBC. 3 of the excursions had increased in price and I was told I'd have to pay the higher price. Previously, based on your advocacy, when a shorex was cancelled and rebooked onboard, the price remained the same. Is this still the case with cancelling and rebooking onboard that the price will remain the same? Will it be possible to institute this policy with pre-booking?

Technically, this worked smoothly. I canceled and rebooked, but paid $20 for the convenience. That's the difference between the current price and when I'd booked it originally. I'm not happy and won't even try with the two that have even greater price changes.

Shouldn't the work-around guarantee of not having to pay more be in effect using online booking?

I don't want to start making phone calls about the $20, don't want to cancel and rebook on board and face someone who may not know about the work-around that's become old news. Annoying!

Melissa

Bonnie,

I am very pleased to be able to use OBC to pre-book shorex. Yesterday, the call center was able to cancel 2 shorex I had previously booked and rebook with OBC. 3 of the excursions had increased in price and I was told I'd have to pay the higher price. Previously, based on your advocacy, when a shorex was cancelled and rebooked onboard, the price remained the same. Is this still the case with cancelling and rebooking onboard that the price will remain the same? Will it be possible to institute this policy with pre-booking?

I think charging the refund price is a step not built into the new program or is a victim of poor communication.

I should've waited for an answer from Bonnie to my query yesterday, but I misinterpreted another post and thought it was working as it should.

If we won't be penalized for using the onboard work-around, we surely shouldn't be for using the long-promised online system.

Melissa

Okay, one more and done on this topic.

Here's the very prompt response about this that I just got from Azamara.

"How this works is that if you wish to cancel your current booking and use the onboard credit with our new pre booking system, we would not be able to honor the price since the system would not let us.

If you wish to maintain the previous price, you would need to cancel and rebook once you are onboard."

Get ready to stand in line if you want to use OBC for an already booked excursion that's increased in price. I'm glad I did a fairly cheap text run!

Melissa

Bonnie,

I'm afraid not cruisevirginia. When using the new automated pre-booking system, the tour bookings will be made at the current price. Our system isn't programmed to recognize what the tour price was at some earlier date. It will use the current price.

If the price differential is more than you want to pay, you can keep the tour booking(s) you locked in using your credit card, and use the OBC 'work-around' once you board. Our onboard tour desk personnel will be able to cancel and rebook your tours at the original price because they are doing this manually.

Get ready to stand in line if you want to use OBC for an already booked excursion that's increased in price. I'm glad I did a fairly cheap text run!

No need to stand in line. Just leave a note at the excursions desk listing the excursions you want to cancel and re-book.

It is because there are problems with individual sailings. That is why it worked for you, but doesn't work for me or others.

1 of our sailings works fine, 1 throws me to a 404 and 1 gives me the permissions error posted above. Will give it 24-48 hours to see if it shakes out. No big deal.

Turns out you are correct ECCruise! There are six voyages in 2018 that aren’t connecting to our Voyage Planner.

JR 29-Sep-18

QS 30-Jun-18

QS 4-Aug-18

QS 5-Sep-18

PR 28-Oct-18

PR 6-Nov-18

And we are investigating all 2019 and 2020 voyages.

I apologize for this inconvenience. Our team is working around the clock to resolve this issue. I will provide an update as soon as this is resolved.

Turns out you are correct ECCruise! There are six voyages in 2018 that aren’t connecting to our Voyage Planner.

JR 29-Sep-18

QS 30-Jun-18

QS 4-Aug-18

QS 5-Sep-18

PR 28-Oct-18

PR 6-Nov-18

And we are investigating all 2019 and 2020 voyages.

I apologize for this inconvenience. Our team is working around the clock to resolve this issue. I will provide an update as soon as this is resolved.

Thanks. Yep, 2 of those are the ones we are having trouble with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the update. At least they have identified the scope of the issue, which is the first step to finding a solution. That seems so random to have six voyages that aren't working. Weird. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I’ve been told that the links to the six 2018 voyages that couldn’t be accessed are now fixed (1:39am Miami time.)

Hopefully everyone can now access their OBC via the Voyage Planner.

Wow, thanks for keeping up with this, Bonnie (1:39 AM!!).

Works fine on our 2 on that list.

I just booked 2 excursions for our Oct. 6th Journey cruise using OBC. Fairly straight forward. Thnak you

My only question is why we can’t do the beverage or internet packages the same way. Would make things much easier to have it all done ahead of time.

I just booked 2 excursions for our Oct. 6th Journey cruise using OBC. Fairly straight forward. Thnak you

My only question is why we can’t do the beverage or internet packages the same way. Would make things much easier to have it all done ahead of time.

Someday our system will be able to do everything. But one step at a time, and this was a big one for us. Or to misquote the astronaut Neil Armstrong .. this is “one small step for man, one giant leap for Azamara."