How to get to Yokahama cruise terminal from Tokyo (Shinjuku)

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:03 PM.
Australia
24 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by Tara Jane
At Yokohama port on arrival there was a desk where you could send your luggage direct to your hotel. I am guessing it could be same day as not a long distance and you will be leaving the ship early. We used this service to send our luggage to Okayama hotel and went with hand lugage only up to Hakone area for a few days.
The cost was about $15 aud per suitcase and worth every cent. This service is very widely used throughout Japan by the locals and is very reliable. Either send luggage from your hotel front desk or any 7-11, family mart, lawsons store. Very little storage space for luggage on the shinkansen also. My daughter spent a year in Japan as an exchange student and when on school camp the kids sent their dirty washing home to mum using this service. You will see the vans driving all around Japan with a black cat motif on them.
Hi Tara Kane
Thanks for the info. Yes I know about the suitcase courier service but it's a Sunday so not sue if it will be open. I know other sites around Yokohama also offer this service but it's the difficulty of finding them.
I am interested in sharing a taxi eith others to tokyo if possible.
Kathleen
Melbourne Australia
1,776 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
If a ships coming in then they will be there. If by some fluke they arent then just head to the closest convenience store, you will pass quite a few between the ship and the station anyway.
Shanghai, PRC / Sete, France
3,968 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Every convenience store and every major hotel in Japan offer luggage forwarding services.
They are all open 24/7.
St Louis
1,097 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by BruceMuzz
Every convenience store and every major hotel in Japan offer luggage forwarding services.

They are all open 24/7.

Can you a luggage forwarding service to send a bag from a hotel in Tokyo to the cruise port/ship in Yokohama?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

RCCL Song of Norway-- E. Carib.
NCL Starward-- W. Carib.
NCL S.S. Norway-- E. Carib
NCL S.S. Norway-- W. Carib.
Big Red Boat-- Bahamas
Seawind Crown-- S. Carib.
CCL Paradise-- E. Carib.
NCL Majesty-- Bermuda
NCL Sky-- E. Coast/Canada
NCL Jewel --W Carib.
NCL Pride of Aloha-- Hawaii
RCCL Spendor-- Med.
PCL Golden Princess-- Alaska
HAL Westerdam-- Alaska
NCL Jade-- Med. & Egypt
NCL Star-- Pacific Coast
RCCL Vision--W. Europe Repositioning
Celebrity Equinox--Med. & Transatlantic
HAL Zuiderdam--So. Carib & Panama Canal
Celebrity Equinox--Greek Islands and Turkey
Celebrity Infinity-- British Isles
AMA Prima--Danube Christmas Markets cruise
AMA Rienna--Rhine River Christmas Market cruise
Celebrity Constelation--- Exotic Med.
Viking--- Heart of Germany Christmas Market cruise
Zambezi Queen Chobe River cruise
Celebrity Solstice--- Tahitian Treasures Transpacific
1,579 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by Poconolady
Can you a luggage forwarding service to send a bag from a hotel in Tokyo to the cruise port/ship in Yokohama?

We were not able to, they had to have someone to sign for it.

Depending on when you send it you should be able to send it to Yokohama Station though, they have an office there that does luggage storage. We were going to do that but had issues at Narita with getting them to understand that was what we wanted to do, so ended up just storing our cruise stuff at an HIS office in Shinjuku (500Y per piece per day) for the week we traveled around Japan and picked it up when we got back to Tokyo.

We traveled from Shinjuku to Yokohama with 2 sling bags, 2 backpacks, 2 carry-on sized suitcases, and 2 max size suitcases. We used a cab from the hotel to the subway station and then took a direct train from there to the station a couple blocks from Yokohama with no problems. From there we actually walked with our luggage. The only difficulty was right at the end where you have a slight incline up to the entrance to the port. But you could also take a cab from the station to the port entrance.

The trick is to know where you are and if there is a direct route. Even if the direct route is only to Yokohama Station you can switch there or take a cab from there. Although cost for cab from Yokohama Station to port would be about 2,800Y.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

St Louis
1,097 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by DarkJedi
We were not able to, they had to have someone to sign for it.

Depending on when you send it you should be able to send it to Yokohama Station though, they have an office there that does luggage storage. We were going to do that but had issues at Narita with getting them to understand that was what we wanted to do, so ended up just storing our cruise stuff at an HIS office in Shinjuku (500Y per piece per day) for the week we traveled around Japan and picked it up when we got back to Tokyo.

We traveled from Shinjuku to Yokohama with 2 sling bags, 2 backpacks, 2 carry-on sized suitcases, and 2 max size suitcases. We used a cab from the hotel to the subway station and then took a direct train from there to the station a couple blocks from Yokohama with no problems. From there we actually walked with our luggage. The only difficulty was right at the end where you have a slight incline up to the entrance to the port. But you could also take a cab from the station to the port entrance.

The trick is to know where you are and if there is a direct route. Even if the direct route is only to Yokohama Station you can switch there or take a cab from there. Although cost for cab from Yokohama Station to port would be about 2,800Y.

Did you have any problems with storing luggage on the train, what day and time did you travel?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

RCCL Song of Norway-- E. Carib.
NCL Starward-- W. Carib.
NCL S.S. Norway-- E. Carib
NCL S.S. Norway-- W. Carib.
Big Red Boat-- Bahamas
Seawind Crown-- S. Carib.
CCL Paradise-- E. Carib.
NCL Majesty-- Bermuda
NCL Sky-- E. Coast/Canada
NCL Jewel --W Carib.
NCL Pride of Aloha-- Hawaii
RCCL Spendor-- Med.
PCL Golden Princess-- Alaska
HAL Westerdam-- Alaska
NCL Jade-- Med. & Egypt
NCL Star-- Pacific Coast
RCCL Vision--W. Europe Repositioning
Celebrity Equinox--Med. & Transatlantic
HAL Zuiderdam--So. Carib & Panama Canal
Celebrity Equinox--Greek Islands and Turkey
Celebrity Infinity-- British Isles
AMA Prima--Danube Christmas Markets cruise
AMA Rienna--Rhine River Christmas Market cruise
Celebrity Constelation--- Exotic Med.
Viking--- Heart of Germany Christmas Market cruise
Zambezi Queen Chobe River cruise
Celebrity Solstice--- Tahitian Treasures Transpacific
Los Angeles & Japan
710 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
I've written a very detailed article on this topic, but when I try to post the link it gets censored. If anyone wants me to send them the link, just email me at heahopcle at gmail dot com.
Germany/Sunny Isles, FL
1,792 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Did you have any problems with storing luggage on the train, what day and time did you travel?

I don´t think this has been answered...

Most trains from Tokyo (Shinjuku, Tokyo Station etc.) to Yokohama are "subway style" trains. Meaning seating is along the sides of the train. So you just hold your luggage in front of you... or you go to the areas where the cars are connected where you have more room.

Some trains feature rows of two seats... so the connecting area is also a good idea.

I stayed with the luggage in that area and DW found a seat nearby - no problem for the time.

For pure comfort we took a taxi from Yokohama station to the port. Not expensive in IMHO worth the money.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
travellove.one/travelandcruise.net is our personal, non-commercial website created to share our passion for travel and cruising. We are not affiliated to any business or cruise line.
1,579 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
We did this on May 6 so a Sunday. Probably around 10am. There is a small overhead rack area where we put small items, this is almost completely unused by most people, then we just kept the large cases in front of us.

This was also how we traveled on the NEX from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Station on Saturday April 28 in the afternoon. Train was packed for that but still plenty of room, and plenty of room for luggage.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature