Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:39 PM.
USVI
1,449 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
I don’t see them needing to. The Virgin name is well known and respected. MSC is not well known in the US.
The status match doesn’t really do much. Like most of the loyalty programs that have been diluted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Puget Sound
9,045 Posts
Joined May 2010
Good question! My initial thought would be: yes, there will be a loyalty program, in some form, on Virgin Voyages. My only guidepost on this one is Virgin Air. Sir Richard really did shake up air travel, as we knew it. But, some things -- like the frequent flier program -- remained pretty much industry standard. Although frequent cruiser clubs vary widely in their structure and rewards, they are ubiquitous within the mainstream cruise lines. Can't see the advantage to Virgin, in not going with the status quo,on that one.

LOL -- We really do have a lot of things to speculate about, between now and when booking opens -- don't we?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Boston, MA USA
11,677 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I hope they do NOT do the status match program. Loyalty deserves its rewards from the ground up. Virgin is a name that has been in the US before with Virgin Records, Virgin America (now gone). I can imagine this ship commanding a higher price because of it's all adult and unique design elements. Those who sail on her frequently should be rewarded with working their way up.
boca raton,fl
3,151 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by CruisinMaterial
I hope they do NOT do the status match program. Loyalty deserves its rewards from the ground up. Virgin is a name that has been in the US before with Virgin Records, Virgin America (now gone). I can imagine this ship commanding a higher price because of it's all adult and unique design elements. Those who sail on her frequently should be rewarded with working their way up.
I think it would help them to do some kind of status match. Oceania seems to talking perks away from their loyal customers so this might be a good time to get some of them. I am sure they will do what they think is right for them. We will will sail either way but an extra perk or two would be a nice way to begin.