What is the earliest to disembark the Elation without FTTF?

hrmkr

I am looking at booking my flight home after cruising on the Elation in November. There is a flight that leaves at 10:45AM. Would I be able to get off the ship in time to get to the airport in time? I did not purchase FTTF but could carry my own luggage off the ship to get off quicker.

If the 10:45 flight is not possible, the next flights are not until 4:00pm or 5:10 pm. I could take my sweet old time getting off the ship but still would have to find something to do until the afternoon. Thoughts?

What if customs takes longer to clear the ship for disembarkation. No way would I want to be stressed that much on my last day. There's a lot of what ifs. IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the Fascination 3 times and the Elation once, all out of Jax. We always do self assist disembarkation. The earliest we ever got off was 7:30 am with or without FTTF. We are Platinum now, but I don't think that will matter. I would say stay on the ship get a good breakfast, be one of the last off and take that 4;;00 pm flight. Less stress that you don't need. You are still on vacation until you get home.:cool:

I am looking at booking my flight home after cruising on the Elation in November. There is a flight that leaves at 10:45AM. Would I be able to get off the ship in time to get to the airport in time? I did not purchase FTTF but could carry my own luggage off the ship to get off quicker.

If the 10:45 flight is not possible, the next flights are not until 4:00pm or 5:10 pm. I could take my sweet old time getting off the ship but still would have to find something to do until the afternoon. Thoughts?

In May, we DID have FTTF and we didn't get off the ship until 8:40. A 10:45 flight is pushing it. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

• 5 weeks later...
We are Platinum and were off the Elation with self assist by 7:30.

It doesn't matter if you are platinum or not if you are self assist on debark. Everyone gets off pretty close to the same time. Customs is a no brainer at Jax anymore. But 730 am is about the earliest you can expect customs to clear the ship for disembark.

I do the early flights all the time. BUT, I fly standby. I have always been able to make it to the airport in time, for even earlier flights, made a 8:25a out of Miami, in January as example, 10;30a from Boston last week. I fly and cruise at least monthly, so am very efficient.

It depends what the penalties are going to be if you miss your flight? And procedures for missed flights- do you have to notify prior to the flight? Value of ticket if you miss the flight etc You can not just expect to be rolled over to the next flight.