Margaritaville Cabana

CruisinJerseyMom

I won't be going to GT until June 2018, but I do have a cabana reserved (I see the price has gone up $25 since I booked). From what I have read, the cabana is small, but does have AC, a call button for a server, a shared outdoor rinse off shower with another cabana, and a lockable entrance door. We have a group of 12 that are going, and the excursion says it is for 4 people. I know that all 12 can't fit in the cabana at one time (although depending on how much we have to drink we might try), but that works for us, as some love to be out in the sun, and some have very fair lilly white as sour cream complexions. Everyone will not be or try to be in the cabana at once. Between having a refuge from the sun with some AC, the other selling point was being able to have a place to store all of our stuff and have a locking door to keep it secure if we all wanted to roam around.

We rent one every time we stop in Grand Turk. Mostly for many of the same reasons the previous poster stated. We like having some place to store our valuables when we go to the beach and/or to the swim-up bar at Margaritaville. We've had over a dozen in our group before and had no issues. We just never go there at the same time. Also, on the cruises when the kids (teens) are with us, they will go in there to get out of the sun for a while. Here is a link to another thread about the cabanas. I posted some pics of inside and outside of the cabanas. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2374928&highlight=cabana

Does anyone know how the cabanas are assigned? Does one go to the shore excursion desk and choose (like at Half Moon Cay) or are they arbitrarily assigned?

Thanks-baf!

W

From what I understand, it is not like HMC, you don't pick the cabin you want beforehand. You just go to the dek at Margaritaville and they take you to one.

Does anyone know how the cabanas are assigned? Does one go to the shore excursion desk and choose (like at Half Moon Cay) or are they arbitrarily assigned?

Thanks-baf!

They are assigned when you check in at the host kiosk in Margaritaville. They are numbered counterclockwise around the pool with #1 being closest to the bar (and the noise) and #10 being closest to the Flow-Rider.

We had #6, which also happened to have a ramp instead of a step-up into the cabana. I think #2 was the only other one with a ramp.

• 4 weeks later...

We got one last year when we went and really enjoyed it. There were 7 of us, and the 2 dads and 2 sons were often at the beach snorkeling, so the 3 girls stayed at the cabana. It turned out to be a really great thing as the other mom had recently had some surgery, so she needed to take it easy in the sun, so this was great for her. We used the call button to order some drinks and snacks. It does get busy, so sometimes we had to wait a little bit for our waitress, but not super long. It was just really nice to have a place to secure our stuff, be in the a/c when we wanted, and relax in a little privacy.