Fall 2013 and 2014 Caribbean...4 and 5 night sailings

sunsetbeachgal

My TA just forwarded me Princess schedule that goes into 2014...starting in December, 2013, the Ruby is doing 4 and 5 night sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale...don't remember Princess ever doing many cruises less than 7 nights....very interesting!! Maybe they see the market changing?

My TA just forwarded me Princess schedule that goes into 2014...starting in December, 2013, the Ruby is doing 4 and 5 night sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale...don't remember Princess ever doing many cruises less than 7 nights....very interesting!! Maybe they see the market changing?

Can you post the schedule? Now I'm curious!

5 night Western sailing: FT. LAUDERDALE, Grand Cayman, Island of Cozumel, FT. LAUDERDALE

5 night Eastern sailing: FT. LAUDERDALE, Princess Cays, Grand Turk, FT. LAUDERDALE

4 night Western sailing: FT. LAUDERDALE, Grand Cayman, FT. LAUDERDALE

4 night Eastern sailing: FT. LAUDERDALE, Grand Turk, FT. LAUDERDALE

I guess that means we can't hope for another ship to be doing 8+ night cruises. I had kind of hoped that, with the addition of the Royal Princess, that a second ship would be doing longer itineraries, but obviously that's not going to happen. It seem that Princess is adopting the Carnival business model of shorter, party cruises. I'm certain that they are more profitable on a per diem basis than the 10 night cruises.

Okay Folks, click on this link to download the file. It's in MS Excel format.

Please post if you have issues...

Lew

Lew- Is it Mexico and West Coast only?

Never mind...I see it. Separate spreadsheets. Thanks!

I do wonder how those 4 and 5 night cruises will sell. One port on the 4 night cruises...it's good that they're alternating, in case people want to do B2Bs.

Wow Lew....very good job...and very quick!!

Have a nice weekend!

Thank you, Carole. I sent you an email, but Yahoo! Mail is having issues today, so I'm not sure you received it.

To others who requested I email the file, Yahoo! Mail is not working correctly today. Give the download link a try. If it doesn't work for you, leave a message here with your email address spelled out phonetically, and I'll be happy to send it to you later today or tomorrow.

Lew

Shorter cruises tend to be a little more profitable in certain markets, of which the carribean is one. They also have more price flexibility since you can adjust in smaller chunks. And they are more attractive to novice cruisers, which is where a lot of the money is.

Look at it this way. Lets compare a 10 day cruise to two 5s. First, the price of the 5 will probably be a few dollars more than 1/2 of the ten. Second, there are a certain class of items that most people purchase 1 of per trip. For example, regardless of it being 5-10 days, I am probably only going to buy one island princess polo shirt. With more turnover, that exposes the product to more people. Third, 10 day itins often have more sea days (less excursion revenue, more cost, offset by more onboard revenue to some extent).

I did notice there were still a lot of 7 days and many 10s on the Emerald. And the 5 and 4s often worked out with different ports to be OK B2Bs (although with a wasted day in FLL).

Thank you, Carole. I sent you an email, but Yahoo! Mail is having issues today, so I'm not sure you received it.

To others who requested I email the file, Yahoo! Mail is not working correctly today. Give the download link a try. If it doesn't work for you, leave a message here with your email address spelled out phonetically, and I'll be happy to send it to you later today or tomorrow.

Lew

The download worked great. Thanks- much obliged!

Lew - Fantastic job. Thanks for taking the time to put it into a format that is easy to view.

Sarah...

I'd love to take credit, but the file emailed to me by Carole was just as you see it. I just made it available for downloading.

Lew

I don't care for the short cruises, mainly because we are flying in from the midwest so, to me, it isn't worth it. I would think that the staff would prefer longer cruises, especially the room stewards. I'll be looking for longer cruises. BUT, I just got an AMEX platinum card because of the cruise perks - it offers 2 cabin upgrades (or $300 OBC in suite), specialty dinners and a bottle of bubbly with each cruise. THE BIG BUT is that it is only offered on 7 day or more cruises and not B2B's, So the shorter ones are out for us.

In place of the CB cruises out of San Juan, there are the 10 day cruises from FLL with most of the same ports. Question though, Where are the Mediterranean cruises? Did I miss them somehow?

Apparantly, these are just the intineraries that haven't been officially released yet- so no Europe or Alaska included in this schedule as they're already on the website.

Archived