Explorer Eastern Info Just Posted

Hi, folks!

I've finally gotten around to posting info from my March '04 cruise of the Eastern Caribbean on the Explorer of the Seas .

I've posted just about all of the written "propaganda" I laid my hands on while onboard. Compasses, Excursion info, Departure info, etc.

And for all of you shopaholics, I've even posted the shopping guides to the Eastern Caribbean ports.

Here's the link:

EOS Eastern Info

I still haven't had a chance to post any of my photos yet. That's next on the list.

<MARQUEE> Counting down the days until our Alaskan cruise on the Vision - 8/20/04! </MARQUEE>

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine..."

Wow, thank you for posting the daily version of the Compass.

I enjoyed looking at the information you provided. Job well done.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and I am sure you now suffer from PCD. Simple cure, book another cruise......

Did anybody happen to be lucky enough to get a pier upgrade or was the ship full??????

Grand Princess - Sept 2002

Voyager - Sept 2003

Explorer countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;09;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until EOS with friends from the VOS

- Sept 2004

My DH and I will be on this cruise next April. Which ports on this itinerary tender in? I'd love to hear any info you have on EOS and the Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks!

jennifer2.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas

(Royal Suite) 4/17/05, 7 Day Eastern Caribbean (2nd Anniversary)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Pride

(Category 11) 4/25/04, 7 day Mexican Riviera (1 year Anniversary!)

Carnival Conquest

(Category 12)4/27/03,7 Day Western Caribbean(Honeymoon & 1st cruise)

Notail

31841757-4e83-0080005F-.jpg

Jennifer & Shaun on the Conquest

31841758-8d64-00670080-.jpg

blueice - We totally avoided PCD by booking our Alaskan cruise prior to leaving the EOS! icon_biggrin.gif

We intend on booking the next cruise the same way. That way we'll always be innoculated for PCD. icon_wink.gif

We weren't able to get a pier upgrade because the ship was sold out. icon_frown.gif We sure tried though!

jnnifer01 -

There were no tendered ports on this cruise. We always had a berth at the pier. icon_smile.gif

Mini review - The cruise was great! My DH and I celebrated our 25th anniversary aboard. The ship, food and service was superb! icon_smile.gif I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Hubby had just had angioplasty and was in recovery mode for excursions. (Nothing too strenuous)

San Juan - We did the bus tour. It was enjoyable. Next time around we'll do El Yunque.

St. Maarten - We really enjoyed doing the America's Cup Challenge. It was a blast! icon_biggrin.gif

St. Thomas - Shopping for Bling Bling (Jewelry). Mission Accomplished. Some sparkles for my right hand and ears. icon_smile.gif This is a port that we have determined that needs more time. A land based vacation is planned. icon_biggrin.gif

Nassau - Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt. icon_rolleyes.gif

<MARQUEE> Counting down the days until our Alaskan cruise on the Vision - 8/20/04! </MARQUEE>

Now that must have taken some time to put together. Thanks for posting. We're on the Explorer in November with the kids (both 21). These will help us plan out a few possible activities while onboard.

Future cruises

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Explorer OTS - Eastern Caribbean 11/04

Past cruises

Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03

Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

cruzinpsycharnp,

That is correct! Go light on the beverages and make sure that you go right before you get on the sailboat. I made it through back to the dock, but then I did not waste any time finding the closest restroom.

Be sure to have a US quarter or two on hand because you need one for the public restroom at the docks. The public restroom is interesting as it is unisex. Gents to the left. Ladies to the right.

All things considered - the challenge was still a blast.

sonshiner - We'll be on in another week and a half..can't wait.

Which port do you need to go through immigration in? We are trying to decide if we want to do a morning or afternoon excursion. If we do the afternoon, would we have to get up earlier to go through immigration anyway?

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alschmid:

sonshiner - We'll be on in another week and a half..can't wait.

Which port do you need to go through immigration in? We are trying to decide if we want to do a morning or afternoon excursion. If we do the afternoon, would we have to get up earlier to go through immigration anyway?

Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Alschmid. You headed out on the Explorer May 16th? So are we for my wifes 40th. Oughta be GREAT!

Archived