Explorer of the Seas 10/10/04 Review

The Explorer of the Seas on 10/10/04 had left on Sunday and we arrived in Miami Airport on Friday to get some relaxation before our cruise. We booked priceline.com for our hotel which was the Marriot Biscayne. We had paid 40.00 per night which was a steal. When we got there, I had asked the front desk about getting a room with the view of the cruise ships. They said no problem!! The view was the best!! The room was 910 for those that are interested!!

That Friday night we had pleasure of meeting people that we meet from cruisecritics from Norway. When went to the Hard Rock Cafe which was in the Bayside Market. Then on Saturday, 30 of us from cruisecritic met at Bubba Gumps for a great evening!! Before we sat down I had noticed that Lawerence Taylor (NY Giants) came into the resturauant. What a surprise!!!

Embarkation...

My fiance and I arrived with another couple from the hotel at about 10:30 am. We first had to wait until the other cruisers were off the ship and the three wedding parties to clear. Then when we were permitted to go, our carrying ons were screened and then proceeded to check in where it was divided by what deck you are on. Then when you are finish checking in you take your seapass to another line where you get your picture taken. Finally, after taking our cruise pictures with security and cruise photographers, we where on the ship at 12:00pm. I felt this process was not bad!!

Food.....

I felt that the food overall was good except that they use too much salt. I notice that when I woke up in the morning that there was a salt taste in my mouth. I also would like to say that there has been many reviews(on cruisecritics) about the the little round potatoes served on the buffet during breakfast. I saw what everyone was complaining they were cold and overdone. I told this story to my head waiter and the next day they were gone!! They used a different hash brown potatoes. Still baked but much better and not over done. Also, they served all kinds of foods including lobster tail which I had two....can you blame me?!!:)

Service.....

I felt that the service was really good!! Everyone says good morning. They really go out of there way to help you. Our waiter Daniel made sure that we had plenty of pepper for our food and was really great as well as our assistant waiter Gizelle was also very great and she would remember what are drinks were each night.

Entertainment......

On the ship we had two funny comedians and also we saw the Coasters who really rocked the house. I also have to say that I saw QUEST (Scavanger Hunt) and it was the funniest thing I had ever seen!! The Cruise Director was James Andrews and he was great and funny. There was were many more activities that were lot of fun including the ice skating performance.

Debarkation.....

Sad day but it seemed that everyone was crowded all at once. When I got my tags the night before I was suprised that I got tags that were for 8:30-10:30 am when my flight was for 3:40. I did not complain and we were off the ship by 9:30 am and the great thing was that I was booked with American Airlines and they were in the cruise terminal. So when we were done with Customs we went to AA to check in and they took our bags and gave us boarding tickets. I call that service!!

Overall, my fiance and I had a great time and would do Royal Caribbean again. This was our first trip with RCCL. We met very nice people from cruisecritics and it was cruisecritics that made our trip great....along with RCCL. If anyone wants more info that I have not mentioned let me know.

David.......................................:cool:

Great review David:D

You're right we had a blast on that cruise Dennis and I are already looking forward to next year on the Mariner. It was wonderful meeting you and A and good luck on the upcoming wedding.

I'm still working on my review will get it posted soon.

Nekita:D

Terrific Review DAVID!!!

We too had the time of our lives! We LOVED James!!!! He was the best cruise director we have ever experienced. He sure had a good time over Tom's socks...didn't he? LOL

This was also our first experience with RCI. We have always been fickle...jumping from ship to ship--cruise line to cruise line.

I guess to sum our experience up....the 10/10 Explorer of the Seas Cruise will be THE cruise that all others will be compared to! We have 'found' our cruise line. And, I whole heartedly agree with David. The members of Cruise Critics put the whipped cream and the cherry on a fabulous trip!

We are booked on a Med cruise with another line for next October. We'll see if that happens. Who knows? Maybe we'll be joining you on the Mariner! ;) Only--next time, we plan on booking a back to back.....it's too sad to leave after only 7 days.

Lynda

David .... Enjoyed reading your review! Sounds like a really great cruise!

What did you do in ports/on shore excursions? Would love to hear about them!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

When I was in Belize my fiance and I went Cavetubing which was alot of fun. We went through 3 caves. We did alot of shopping. We were faced with rain and some of the ports that we cancelled our excursions. The ports that we went to like Cozumel and Costa Maya we had been to before. Yes...this trip was alot of fun!!

David...........................:cool:

Archived