San Antonio Chile Bus Station to Cruise Port

rome2009

we took the bus in February 2018 from Santaigo to San Antonio Took a cab to the bus station and found the pullman bus tucked away in the far left corner. I don't speak spanish so she wrote the amount time and terminal down for me. I paid in local currency. We to caught the bus and waited for the man to deal with our luggage. The bus was comfortable, mainly locals, made a few stops along the way similar to a city bus. Ended at the bus terminal in San Antonio where we were greeted by the port authority shuttle (free) and two training tourism agents. One went with us to the port. Dropped right off at the check in.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone taken the bus from Santiago to San Antonio?

If so, what is the best way to get from the bus terminal to the cruise ship? Taxi, Walk?

Does the taxi take you right to the cruise ship or to the port entrance?

And if the port entrance, how does one then get to the ship?

Thanks for your answers.

We were on Celebrity in March and when we got to San Antonio bus station there was a free shuttle to the pier waiting for all arriving buses.

• 3 weeks later...
We haven't been yet but we are planning on taking this bus in February. I've been told that you can walk from the final bus stop to the cruise port and it is just a couple of blocks. I've checked it out on google maps and this appears to be correct so we're going to go ahead and give it a try. It is by far the best value way to get to the port from Santiago.

Free shuttle from bus station to cruise port.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Last week we took bus from San Antonio to Santiago. We bought tickets at terminal as wasn't sure what

time would disembark. Easy to use and buses weren't crowded.

Do they accept credit cards and/or US dollars or do you have to pay in Chilian pesos at the terminal in San Antonio?

• 5 months later...

Really helpful post.

I am a single traveller disembarking Celebrity Eclipse 24/03/19  and need to get to Santiago for 7;30 pm flight  Does anyone know if Celebrity offered transport onboard at the last minute  just to Santiago (SCL) airport.   The only tours Celebrity are offering are for excursions with airport drop off for flights after 9pm

I am considering taking Pullman Bus to Santiago then perhaps a shuttle to airport.  Has anyone done this recently

Hi, petsy - here's a similar thread with more discussion/information on San Antonio to Santiago (HAL and Princess ships, but still with independent travel information). Hopefully someone with Celebrity cruising experience will chime in, but the thread might still be informative. 

On 10/31/2017 at 8:20 PM, rome2009 said:

Has anyone taken the bus from Santiago to San Antonio?

If so, what is the best way to get from the bus terminal to the cruise ship? Taxi, Walk?

Does the taxi take you right to the cruise ship or to the port entrance?

And if the port entrance, how does one then get to the ship?

Thanks for your answers.

If you arrive the day of the cruise, they have shuttles from the bus station to the port. there are taxis too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Arriving in San Antonio, there is no need to book ahead for the bus to Santiago. We arrived last November prepared to walk to the bus station to catch the next bus, but one of Chile's two major bus lines had a higway coach waiting right at the port exit. It left when it was full and went straight to Santiago's (large) main terminal. These coaches are safe and comfortable, and are how many Chileans travel between cities. I remember the price as under $10 per ticket, which we paid in local currency (end of the cruise). 

• 1 month later...