All Leisure Holidays goes bust...

knotheadusc

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2532505/all-leisure-holidays-voyages-discovery-swan-hellenic-goes-bust/

They were the parent company of Hebridean Island Cruises until it was purchased by shareholders. Hebridean Island Cruises will continue under a new company, but All Leisure Holidays has unfortunately folded. Those who booked Swan Hellenic or Voyages of Discovery have unexpectedly had their voyages cancelled.

• 3 weeks later...

This is all very interesting. The repeated ownership changes of the Hebridean Princess, and the seemingly shaky financial status of the recent ownership groups, do not inspire confidence. I personally wouldn't touch this line with a ten foot pole until things are sorted out.

Well, having been on Hebridean Princess within the last year (and after the ship was already sold), I can tell you that I noticed no difference in the level of quality of the cruise. I did get a letter in December explaining the situation and, if I had been unhappy with the change, I had ten days to express a grievance. The Princess experience is very luxurious, though, and that takes money. It's possible that this year's cruise will be different. Fortunately, I bought insurance.

I can't offer an opinion about the other ships in now defunct Swan Hellenic or Voyages of Discovery lines, though, since I never tried any of those cruises.

Edited by knotheadusc