Majesty 1st Cuba cruise fr Tampa 5/9/18

Hi BeneBire - Loved your pics and hope you a nice time in Cuba - This will be my first time on smaller ship. What did you think of Majesty? Also what did you do on your day in Cuba?

Thanks much

Dave

Yes! Formal night was last night (3rd night of 5 night cruise)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this information. I guess I was previously misinformed, I didn’t think that there was a formal night on the Cuba cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this information. I guess I was previously misinformed, I didn’t think that there was a formal night on the Cuba cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are no formal nights on Empress, and since she was the only ship sailing to Cuba at one point, there were no formal nights on Cuba sailings. However, I was hoping they would have the same policy on Majesty's Cuba sailings. We sail in June and July, and some of our sailling buddies on each will want to dress up. I was looking forward to a more casual trip.

I really don't get why the mods on this RC board don't move these types of port of call posts where they are most helpful, like mods do on other lines' boards.

Anyway, if you spend some time over to the Cuba section under Caribbean Ports of Call, there are many posts asking your questions, and many returning cruisers answering them.

Lots of very helpful info.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1009

I really don't get why the mods on this RC board don't move these types of port of call posts where they are most helpful, like mods do on other lines' boards.

Anyway, if you spend some time over to the Cuba section under Caribbean Ports of Call, there are many posts asking your questions, and many returning cruisers answering them.

Lots of very helpful info.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1009

Thank you for this direction!

One wild guess is that this was the first cruise on the Majesty for the port and people want to know about that part also. Heck I just found out that they are going to have a formal night after thinking not.

We were disappointed to hear that there is a formal night as well! We have a group of 11 going in October on Majesty and made a joint decision that the men will wear slacks and collared shirts but no ties or jackets, and the women will wear "smart casual" but not blingy formal wear.:cool: If that's not good enough, we will opt to eat in the WJ that night!;p

I'm still hoping our 4-night cruise won't have a formal night. This first Majesty cruise was a 5 night with an overnight in Havana. We don't have an overnight and don't leave Havana until 8pm. I'm thinking we won't have a formal night, but I won't know until I get there I don't suppose. It would be nice to know how to pack. Cruise documents in the olden days would give us that info as I recall.

I'm still hoping our 4-night cruise won't have a formal night. This first Majesty cruise was a 5 night with an overnight in Havana. We don't have an overnight and don't leave Havana until 8pm. I'm thinking we won't have a formal night, but I won't know until I get there I don't suppose. It would be nice to know how to pack. Cruise documents in the olden days would give us that info as I recall.

Majesty does have formal night - 2nd night.

Yes, this was a 5 night cruise with overnight in Havana and then a stop in Cozumel. Those that are concerned about not being dressed up enough, there was a large variance of dress. Did not see a single tuxedo on men, but everything from full suits to polo and dockers. On the ladies, very few long dresses, many cocktail dresses and a large of amount of dressy pants and dressy tops. I think this was the most informal formal night we have seen. Other than sloppy t shirts and jeans I think you will be ok in just about any other type of clothing.

We will be in Key West on our 2nd night until 7pm, so was hoping it would be the 3rd night when in Havana only until 4pm. Fourth night is Cozumel until 9pm and the last night is the sea day before returning to Tampa. We should be ready to return to the ship in time for 1st seating anyway, so no big deal, I guess!:rolleyes: