Passenger who cannot come

Hi all. Weird question.

Unfortunately my partner and myself have split. We are booked to go on the Pacific Dawn in 2 weeks.

Everything is paid in full, but I was wondering if I should let P&O know. Does anyone know if there will be any penalty? I assume not, as her fare is paid, and it would therefore be the same as the single supplement.

Any help would be great.

I have never sailed on P&O Australia but have a few comments.

In the wake of this unfortunate scenario what is the plan? Who if anyone is now going to be sailing? Who paid the original cruise fare? If it was you exclusively it might be easier to get a sensible outcome. If you are insured are there any clauses that permit you to cancel and claim the whole amount. If you intend to sail alone you probably will not have to pay any extra if the other person does not cancel with the cruise line assuming they paid half the fare. These are the personal issues.

I have sailed alone when it was uncertain whether my daughter would be able to come. It was a two person booking with Cunard where I had paid all the fare. In the event she did not sail but I knew at the time of embarkation but was uncertain up to that point. Prior to embarkation I did not advise the cruise line anything and simply turned up at the terminal alone. At check in when they asked about the other passenger I said they were definitely not going to be travelling. Failure to do this and they might hold up departure and try and phone my daughter so it is vital at check in to disclose the other traveller is not coming or at least is very doubtful they are coming. No extra charges were levied.

My case is straight forward as I paid everything beforehand and I was not travelling with anyone who may suddenly turn up of have an issue. If you are happy that no personal issues may arise things normally are straight forward.

Regards John

My Daughter had a friend booked as second passenger that couldn't make it she just said she no show at check in and it was fine.

Just only got half of obc for the cabin.

One person. From original booking had to still cruise .

Some say the first name on booking confirmation has to sail I'm not sure about P&O with this though

Sorry :(

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

P&O does allow you to change the name of a passenger as long as one of the original passengers still remains in the cabin. Maybe you have a friend who can go on short notice.

Or like other posters have said they can just be a "no show" but you will lose half of any OBC unfortunately.

There are always some passengers who don't show up for one reason or another.

Enjoy your cruise. :cool:

Hi all. Weird question.

Unfortunately my partner and myself have split. We are booked to go on the Pacific Dawn in 2 weeks.

Everything is paid in full, but I was wondering if I should let P&O know. Does anyone know if there will be any penalty? I assume not, as her fare is paid, and it would therefore be the same as the single supplement.

Any help would be great.

Personally, I would just turn up and not say anything. If you get asked about the missing passenger, which you probably won't, just say that she didn't turn up for personal reasons which you are not prepared to go into. It's none of their business.

They won't throw you off the ship and there won't be any penalty.

This happened to me once, when the other passenger could not make the cruise due to illness.

My advice is if you are going alone, advise P&O. You will get a refund of port taxes for person not cruising.

You can take another person up to 48 hours before departure. Advise P&O of new person's name.

Travel insurance may re-imburse the cost but for valid reason, i.e. illness, etc. Not change of mind.

There will be no penalty and you will have the cabin to yourself as you have already paid for 2.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by davoni

Hi all. Weird question.

Any help would be great.

I'll come with you!! ;p Actually I'd be keen to know the outcome as I may be faced with the same situation in July on Explorer.. I have heard from a travel agent that says they refuse boarding!! I hope not.. please let me know..

Recently I checked in on Pacific Explorer and my travel buddy was not with me. I was asked to give their phone contact so they could check whether they were running late. She was. I presume from the above that they would want to know the other party was actually going to board.

You may be entitled to a refund of

the other party's port taxes and fees......worth checking.