5-17-18 Thursday Weigh-In...Exercise and Food

Belle

Diana, congrats on making Diamond! Laundry is a pretty good perk of being Platinum. Unlimited would be better, especially with those long cruises you guys do.

We made Platinum quite a while back, but then fell in love with NCL and worked our way to Platinum there too. Had we stayed at Carnival, perhaps we’d be up there with you. [emoji846]

See you all Thursday.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had my annual well visit today and fasting blood work.

Most of my numbers were good. Based on some symptoms and family history I was concerned about pre-diabetes but I'm still 90 fasting glucose. Cholesterol was high, but down some from last year. Weight was up around 10# from a year ago, and my doctor confirmed that many of my complaints will be relieved with losing even 10-15#. He agrees that 1# per week is a good goal. (It doesn't sound like much, but that's 50 in a year.)

Having the labs made it easier to say no to extra desserts last night (and even the good smoked cheddar) since I had to fast from 8:00. No great food choices between my labs and appointment though - a bagel with reduced fat cream cheese - very carb heavy. At least the rest of the meals this week are more in my control.

Be sure to keep track of these results pacruise, because this time next year you’ll want to see how far you’ve come! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, Mike!

It was a little disheartening to see my progress/gains for the last year, but also kind of encouraging in a weird way - a kick in the pants to stay motivated and serious about getting and keeping healthy.

With that said, the mid-afternoon munchies are calling and I think I'm going to answer with left-over spinach and strawberries (and home-made by daughter vinaigrette) rather than chips or chocolate

Hello Friends....

Sorry I haven't been on much.Remember I book a last minute cruise to Alaska 10 day.

Great deal..mini suite! Leave Sat. Friend drives here Thursday. So been trying to

clean house, run errands and decide on clothes. Wasn't expecting to go on one till Oct.

Guess what? Going in Sept. too. Got a free one. (inside) to Oregon, Seattle and Canada

only 7 day. I'll take it. Must be my cruising year. Had the 35 day in Feb. and March.

I'm Elite with Princess and get the laundry too plus other things which is nice.

I've sailed other cruise lines too but lately Princess.

Happy for all you that are going on cruises soon and this year. The are so much fun.

Can't remember who's all going. Mike aren't you going soon? See Mark is going on one.

Diana aren't you thinking of another long cruise this year or next? Yes the laundry is sure nice.

Jan I love Hawaii and Kauai is my favorite Island too. Glad you had a good time with family.

Cyn you'll love Hawaii.

I hope everyone on here have a cruise they can go on this/ year. We need to go on one

to get away from the real world for awhile. Live a fantasy life for how many days before

back to reality.

Mike, hubby and I like NCL too, we are Platinum with them. I'm having a bit of a love affair with Celebrity though. We've only done a few cruises with them but I love the line. The price has to be good though.

Carnival lately for us is just o.k.

Belle, know things are crazy for you, but hey it's a happy crazy.

pacruise, you have a good attitude. My numbers of a couple things could be better too. We have to constantly work at it.

See everyone tomorrow.

Diana

• 1 month later...

I hadn't checked in for awhile, but have lost 60 pounds since Christmas. We are doing Nutrisystem, the food is OK but getting tired of it. Still have 70 pounds to go to my goal weight. (200#)