Shuttle in Southampton

bellemere

If you are doing a BTB from New York to Southampton, will there be a shuttle in Southampton to take you into Southampton? I am seeing postings that say different things about shuttle service being provided. What is the latest?

Thank you.

If you are doing a BTB from New York to Southampton, will there be a shuttle in Southampton to take you into Southampton? I am seeing postings that say different things about shuttle service being provided. What is the latest?

Thank you.

There are a few terminals although RC use City Terminal.

It is around 10 minutes walk into the centre but there are plenty of taxis outside.

WestQuay shopping centre is in the city centre and there is a Titanic museum nearby.

There are a few terminals although RC use City Terminal.

It is around 10 minutes walk into the centre but there are plenty of taxis outside.

WestQuay shopping centre is in the city centre and there is a Titanic museum nearby.

Cunard use Ocean Cruise terminal which is also only 10 minutes walk or 5 minutes taxi to the centre.

Taxi should cost no more than £7.

Cunard use Ocean Cruise terminal which is also only 10 minutes walk or 5 minutes taxi to the centre.

Taxi should cost no more than £7.

We use a local taxi firm called,

Radio Taxis Tel 02380666666 and ring them when we are ready to get off the ship.

They text you the car reg and where they are and for non locals they will not rip you off.

Thank you.

We are currently on board QM2 and will be completing an eastbound crossing tomorrow before continuing on to Norway on QM2 and then back to New York in another week.

So, not a traditional B2B crossing, but I have been assured the shuttle will be operating between the dock and Westquay mall commencing approximately 9:30am and operating about every 20-30 minutes. We plan to use that shuttle tomorrow and will report back on our experience when we are back on board tomorrow afternoon.

We are currently on board QM2 and will be completing an eastbound crossing tomorrow before continuing on to Norway on QM2 and then back to New York in another week.

So, not a traditional B2B crossing, but I have been assured the shuttle will be operating between the dock and Westquay mall commencing approximately 9:30am and operating about every 20-30 minutes. We plan to use that shuttle tomorrow and will report back on our experience when we are back on board tomorrow afternoon.

The sea museum featuring Titanic is a short walk from WestQuay mall.

M&S and John Lewis are the Biggie's in the mall which is on 3 levels.

The sea museum featuring Titanic is a short walk from WestQuay mall.

M&S and John Lewis are the Biggie's in the mall which is on 3 levels.

That sounds a lot like what we have planned for our day in Southampton tomorrow. First a visit to the SeaCity museum. Then Mrs. Bluemarble tells me a visit to the Cath Kidston shop in the Westquay mall is on her to-do list.

By the way, we will be docking at the QEII terminal, further from the city center than the Ocean terminal which QM2 more typically uses. I do not know if that makes any difference with regard to when/if the shuttle to Westquay operates.

That sounds a lot like what we have planned for our day in Southampton tomorrow. First a visit to the SeaCity museum. Then Mrs. Bluemarble tells me a visit to the Cath Kidston shop in the Westquay mall is on her to-do list.

By the way, we will be docking at the QEII terminal, further from the city center than the Ocean terminal which QM2 more typically uses. I do not know if that makes any difference with regard to when/if the shuttle to Westquay operates.

There are lots of taxis and Radio Taxis which we use when we sail from Southampton are really good.

Fares should be between £5-£10 only.

On Sunday most of the bigger shops at WestQuay don't open till 11am.

We're back on board QM2 after a visit to Southampton today including the SeaCity museum this morning and then some shopping at the Westquay mall. The Cunard shutlle did operate today between the QEII terminal and Westquay with service from at least 9:00am (if not earlier). The driver scanned our ship key cards, which may imply a charge applied for those booked on UK Saver fares. The shuttle worked well for our purposes.

We're back on board QM2 after a visit to Southampton today including the SeaCity museum this morning and then some shopping at the Westquay mall. The Cunard shutlle did operate today between the QEII terminal and Westquay with service from at least 9:00am (if not earlier). The driver scanned our ship key cards, which may imply a charge applied for those booked on UK Saver fares. The shuttle worked well for our purposes.
Sounds like you had a great time.