Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:40 AM.
Venice, Fl.
2,400 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Its very hard to go back once you've done a luxury line!

VC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Buy the ticket, take the ride"
Hunter S. Thompson

"Some things in life cannot be fixed. They can only be carried."
Megan Devine
MD+ FL
11,004 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
VC...What did you decide to do with the hurricane coming? Did you have anyplace to relocate?

It appears that Port St. Lucie is going to be spared the brunt of the storm, unlike what we were led to believe earlier. I saw the west coast people were complaining that they weren't given enough time to prepare because the weather people kept saying the storm was going to go up the east coast.

We have been hearing about tourist stranded on Islands because they couldn't get their tickets changed. Sending out those rescue cruise ships is a marvelous idea!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
cool:Carol KC
Charter Member MFPPP - 2006
MOS/WGIG #104

Friend of Henry

NCL Leeward to Canada,RCL Song of America to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Eastern Caribbean,HAL Statendam to Southern Carribbean,NCL Norweigan Crown to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Western Caribbean,NCL Wind to Alaska,Orient Lines Orient Crown to Mediterranean,NCL Sky to Alaska,Celebrity Zenith to Caribbean,HAL Noordam to Exotic Caribbean,Celebrity Galaxy B2B Baltimore to Galveston, Sun Princess to Caribbean Oct 29,05, RCL Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Apr.30,06, Carnival Liberty Mediterranean Oct, 06RCL Radiance of the Seas Circle Hawaii Sept 28,2007, Mustard of the Seas F2F Chicago July 25,2008,Monarch of the Seas, LA to Mex. Sept. 8, 2008, Celebrity Constellation, Repo NJ to FL Oct 30, 2008,
RCI Enchantment of the Seas, Colon Panama to Ft. Lauderdale, April 19, 2009Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 14th, 2009
Radiance of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, Feb.12, 2010
Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean, Oct. 29, 2010
Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 12, 2011, bahamas
Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda, Oct.2013
Celebrity Century to the Caribbean, 2/15/14-2/23/14]Carnival Dream Jan. 14, 2016- Jan.24. Caribbean, Navigator of the Seas Jan. 29, 2017 Caribbean
Venice, Fl.
2,400 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
I'm at home and hoping for the best. Its hard to go anywhere when you have as many dogs as I do! If there's any damage to the house/pool cage, I have homeowners. Also got a new roof less than a year ago. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

VC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Hunter S. Thompson

Megan Devine
MD+ FL
11,004 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
VC....I hope you came through the storm without any damage or flooding. Please let us know how you are.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MOS/WGIG #104

Friend of Henry

NCL Leeward to Canada,RCL Song of America to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Eastern Caribbean,HAL Statendam to Southern Carribbean,NCL Norweigan Crown to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Western Caribbean,NCL Wind to Alaska,Orient Lines Orient Crown to Mediterranean,NCL Sky to Alaska,Celebrity Zenith to Caribbean,HAL Noordam to Exotic Caribbean,Celebrity Galaxy B2B Baltimore to Galveston, Sun Princess to Caribbean Oct 29,05, RCL Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Apr.30,06, Carnival Liberty Mediterranean Oct, 06RCL Radiance of the Seas Circle Hawaii Sept 28,2007, Mustard of the Seas F2F Chicago July 25,2008,Monarch of the Seas, LA to Mex. Sept. 8, 2008, Celebrity Constellation, Repo NJ to FL Oct 30, 2008,
RCI Enchantment of the Seas, Colon Panama to Ft. Lauderdale, April 19, 2009Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 14th, 2009
Celebrity Century to the Caribbean, 2/15/14-2/23/14]Carnival Dream Jan. 14, 2016- Jan.24. Caribbean, Navigator of the Seas Jan. 29, 2017 Caribbean
Venice, Fl.
2,400 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
No flooding or damage to the house. Some tree limbs down. Worst thing was no power for a week. Had lots of stuff in the freezer/fridge and lost it all. Hotter than bloody hell in the house and the dogs were miserable too. For the first time in years, I got in the pool 2-3 times a day to cook off. Just hoping there are no more storms this year- or next!

Feel so bad for the people in the Caribbean. Islands have been devastated and their main source of income- tourism- will be lost for who knows how long.

VC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Hunter S. Thompson

Megan Devine
MD+ FL
11,004 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
I'm glad you didn't have any major damage, but I know that no power for a week was pretty bad. Are things pretty back to normal where you live?

Yes, it is just a tragedy at how the Caribbean has been torn apart. The devastation is so vast that I think it will take years in some places to recover. The American Islands will have a lot of aid, but I wonder if the poor Islands like Dominica will find ways to rebuild and take care of the residents.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MOS/WGIG #104

Friend of Henry

Venice, Fl.
2,400 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Everyone in the North Port area has power and things are back to normal. Heartbreaking to see the destruction in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Sadly, I have doubts that Dominica will recover.

VC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Hunter S. Thompson

Megan Devine
MD+ FL
11,004 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
VC...I am glad your area is back to normal. So sad what is going on in the Caribbean with the after effects of the hurricane. The devestation is just mind boggling.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MOS/WGIG #104

Friend of Henry