**Live Report** Symphony of the Seas 17th June

Hello all and welcome to my first live post from Symphony of the Seas. I will be taking you on my journey over the course of the following week or so, very excited to keep you all updated. My favourite posts on CC are definitely the live posts from people on board so I thought I would return the favour and do one myself. Makes a nice change to write one instead of reading from the confines of the office!

The ship leaves from Barcelona this Sunday the 17th June and we are staying in the city for a couple of days beforehand. We will be visiting Palma de Mallorca, Marseille, La Spezia, Rome and Naples.

So a little bit about us...

My name is Rachel and I am 24, born and bred on the Rock of Gibraltar. Currently living in London (only for a few more weeks as I am heading back to live in sunny Gibraltar soon). I am travelling with my partner Rob who is 31, originally from the Scottish Highlands. We’ve been together for a couple of years and this is his first cruise I’m dragging him on. I’m a pretty good girlfriend if I do say so myself :) I can’t seem to attach a photo at the moment but if you do spot us on board, you can’t miss Rob he is 6’7!

As I mentioned this is Rob’s first cruise but this will be my 10th sailing across a variety of lines. I’ve always cruised as a kid/teen with family (Adventure Ocean rules) so it will be a new experience for me cruising with my first deluxe beverage package!

Being European we are fluent Spanish speakers (my Italian is pretty terrible but I try) and generally quite confident travellers around our neck of the woods as we have visited many of these countries and some of these ports before. Therefore, we are DIY at every port. I hope this will be useful to some readers also doing the same.

Now we have arrived at our hotel in Barcelona and off to find some paella and crema catalana for our evening meal. Will report back tomorrow, thanks for reading and please feel free to ask any questions :)

Rachel

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

01626cb8f7eb05d8399c34a621f92af6.jpg

e10f733ea57f34799915e0ca43910d7a.jpg

Excellent grub in a tiny little venue we found in some side street. I am now happy! I worked in Barcelona for a time so pleased to be back and wondering the streets again looking for unique gems. We are both serious foodies so I envisage a lot of food and drink related posts.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings, cant wait for Sunday to board.

Today started out with a delicious breakfast in the centre of Barcelona. We walked near Gaudi’s beautiful creations too.

We then took the train to the nearby town of Sitges to meet Rob’s sister and her family. It was a beautiful sunny day and was thoroughly enjoyable to walk down the beach.

cc5bd0a220510a27dc4398d7d805dda2.jpg

c20eee405d2e57c086ff2a8b6334030b.jpg

db396311c4a580404e3b044ba62728f2.jpg

We are too excited for tomorrow discussing what our first drink on board is going to be! I am thinking a margarita. Anyone have any recommendations? Also, here is a photograph of the two of us if anyone is on board and spots us. Come and say hi :)

81ce893659a0496fc3f83921235a78b8.jpg

Rachel

Today started out with a delicious breakfast in the centre of Barcelona. We walked near Gaudi’s beautiful creations too.

We then took the train to the nearby town of Sitges to meet Rob’s sister and her family. It was a beautiful sunny day and was thoroughly enjoyable to walk down the beach.

We are too excited for tomorrow discussing what our first drink on board is going to be! I am thinking a margarita. Anyone have any recommendations? Also, here is a photograph of the two of us if anyone is on board and spots us. Come and say hi :)

Sorry for the bad post before- my phone died as I was typing and it looks like tried to post part of my response lol.

You both are too cute! He is def a tall one. He can look over all the heads in the buffet and let you know what’s available without even having to walk around! Talk about a bonus!

Hope he enjoys it. Have a blast!

Rachel

Enjoy! If you they have a pineapple margarita, get it. It’s a great sail away on your balcony/by the pool drink.

Have a great cruise, Melody and Rob, and please let Rob know that I love his kilt :)

Have a great embarkation day tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will pass on the message. He loves kilt compliments. Unfortunately my name isn’t Melody (Lovesick Melody is a song by my favourite band Paramore) My name is Rachel. I envisaged a few people getting confused!

Enjoy! If you they have a pineapple margarita, get it. It’s a great sail away on your balcony/by the pool drink.

This is right up my street! I shall hopefully be at the mast bar with some other CC people at sail away. Let’s hope I can get one thanks for the recommendation.

Sorry for the bad post before- my phone died as I was typing and it looks like tried to post part of my response lol.

You both are too cute! He is def a tall one. He can look over all the heads in the buffet and let you know what’s available without even having to walk around! Talk about a bonus!

Hope he enjoys it. Have a blast!

Thank you so much. My family call him Lighthouse, he is very useful in big crowds but I hadn’t even considered the Windjammer possibilities! We will do our best to have a blast.

Will do my very best to find out about late debarkation in Rome.

Thanks for all the following posts everyone. Well it has just gone 7am and I have woken up 2 hours before the alarm. I am too excited for embarkation today!The plan is to get a cab to the port and get on board ASAP and go straight to eat. After than I intend on chilling poolside with my margaritas before the drill and catching up on my phone with Friday’s episode of my favourite tv show Love Island. You won’t have heard of this show if you’re not from Britain but it’s terribly addictive reality tv which is kind of like a cross between Big Brother and The Batchelor. They are currently filming in Majorca so I am hoping I get to see the celebrities on our first port day!

If anyone is on Instagram and would like to follow me I am posting a lot of pictures and Instagram stories. My username is rrrachx

Will catch up with you guys this evening.

Rachel

Will pass on the message. He loves kilt compliments. Unfortunately my name isn’t Melody (Lovesick Melody is a song by my favourite band Paramore) My name is Rachel. I envisaged a few people getting confused!

Lol!! OMG, I’m truly embarrassed, so sorry!

Anyway, Rachel, just checked my watch and hopefully you and Rob are enjoying a nice drink or lunch in preparation for sailaway :) Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to hearing about Rob's first cruise. I have been to the Rock of Gibralter and it was amazing. Also we are heading to Scotland in August. This is off point of your post but could you please ask Rob if people in Scotland get offended when visitors wear kilts there. I am Scotish myself and wanted to wear a kilt one day while there when we see the military tattoo but don't want to offend. We are going on the Symphony in October 2019. I know its far away but love hearing about it. Enjoy the cruise.....