Anyone any luck with refunds???

joyous63

Sailed on Rhapsody 14th-21st Oct, however it was a fiasco at Venice and we missed half a day there due to fog which is understandable.What, however is unacceptable is the way paying guets were treated for most of the day into late evening. Our schedule was revised which was ok, but when i requested port fees back for missed ports i was informed by letter that these do not exist and are included in the initial price, strange how i see on here that people have had refunds.We did get $141 refund for a missed half a day but that was between 2 people. They have been pretty appalling at any customer service, i don't now expect any positive outcome but was wondering if perhaps anyone else who was on the cruise has had any response to their requests??Thanks in advance

Sailed on Rhapsody 14th-21st Oct, however it was a fiasco at Venice and we missed half a day there due to fog which is understandable.What, however is unacceptable is the way paying guets were treated for most of the day into late evening. Our schedule was revised which was ok, but when i requested port fees back for missed ports i was informed by letter that these do not exist and are included in the initial price, strange how i see on here that people have had refunds.We did get $141 refund for a missed half a day but that was between 2 people. They have been pretty appalling at any customer service, i don't now expect any positive outcome but was wondering if perhaps anyone else who was on the cruise has had any response to their requests??Thanks in advance

That is way more than the port fees.

They have no obligation to pay you for weather-related changes.

we should have set sail from Venice at 5pm, we did not start check in until 7pm, there was little information given about what was going on, so our original plan of going round Venice for a short while once we had boarded was scuppered. There was "a system " for boarding ..by letters which had been given out earlier.At 7pm they started check in, by 8.30pm they had only reached letter C then they announced all other letters. It was a total shambles, no food or drink offered to people. At 10pm they decided to offer some bottled water.The cafe had run out of food in the afternoon. The worst thing was that they had no staff explaining anything to people, we were just left.If you look at our thread there are many complaints, not about the weather that can't be helped, but for the sheer inability to have a contingency plan. And a response to my letter was pretty much copied and pasted from a general letter. Poor customer service

Royal Caribbean seem less worried about customer satisfaction than they did previously and appear only to issuing credits/refunds when they have too. You missed half a days cruise, so they offered OBC for half the day.

No compensation for missed ports seems very unfair in my opinion.

We completed a cruise in October with Royal Caribbean who provided a bus transfer instead of a 'private transfer'.

No compensation as they stated they provided a transfer and not obliged to provide a private transfer even though a private transfer was paid for through their website.

RCCL appear to be taking a certain direction lately.

Charges for room service, gratuities now in speciality restaurants and of course the changes to the drinks packages.

Im sure other changes and charges will be rolled out in time.

At then end of the day, if were not happy with a cruise line, it may be time that we choose another.

we missed half a day, completely missed out Mykonos and Corfu, Kefalonia was brought forward a day so we missed out on an independent trip we'd booked as he couldnt take us the day we were rescheduled for. They put in Kotor at end and added Split, but we had an extra day sailing because of all this.They replied to say they dont refund port fees or taxes, yet other people have stated they had them refunded. I don't usually complain, but it was a terrible sham and i'd paid for my friends cruise for her 60th birthday, so wanted it to be special and different....it was certainly different,but not in a good way

we missed half a day, completely missed out Mykonos and Corfu, Kefalonia was brought forward a day so we missed out on an independent trip we'd booked as he couldnt take us the day we were rescheduled for. They put in Kotor at end and added Split, but we had an extra day sailing because of all this.They replied to say they dont refund port fees or taxes, yet other people have stated they had them refunded. I don't usually complain, but it was a terrible sham and i'd paid for my friends cruise for her 60th birthday, so wanted it to be special and different....it was certainly different,but not in a good way

How much were your port fees total? How much were they for each port? Are you sure that 141 wasn’t the reflection of the port fees for those you missed minus the fees you still needed to pay?

We didnt get a breakdown of port fees. The letter we received in our stateroom said it was for missing half a day's holiday. In July when sailing with Princess, we had to miss a port and the letter we received clearly stated it was a refund of port fees/taxes