Adonia - is she going again?

cruiser1955

Someone I know contacted P and O about Adonia, and was told that her return from Fathom was unexpectedly early, which has meant a complete re-think and that new itineraries are being planned now. The person he spoke to said they had no intention of getting rid of her.

Adonia is booked into Icelandic ports in 2019, having appeared on Akureryi's 2019 list in the last few weeks or so.

Now stop that!! Using facts to disprove a rumour. Shocking.

:). :). :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Now stop that!! Using facts to disprove a rumour. Shocking.

:). :). :)

Even dastardly, people were transported to the Colonies for less than that.:p

Send these rumour mongers to Sydney Harbour on the Oriana prison hulk.

We are currently on Adonia and a reliable source (not another passenger) told us that carnival are currently negotiating with an unnamed company to sell Adonia and to expect an announcement in the next couple of months.

Make of that what you want, I’m just passing on what we were told.

We are currently on Adonia and a reliable source (not another passenger) told us that carnival are currently negotiating with an unnamed company to sell Adonia and to expect an announcement in the next couple of months.

Make of that what you want, I’m just passing on what we were told.

Thank you and personally i think they would be happy to sell Adonia again.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Thank you and personally i think they would be happy to sell Adonia again.

Remember where this latest snippet came from. The worst people for spreading rumours are the crew, at all levels. No doubt the situation has been discussed on board and this will be the current rumour.

Do not believe anything until it actually happens.

Remember where this latest snippet came from. The worst people for spreading rumours are the crew, at all levels. No doubt the situation has been discussed on board and this will be the current rumour.

Do not believe anything until it actually happens.

Thats true.

P&O like Royal Caribbean are going for bigger ships and RC have sold some of their smaller ships and because P&O sold Adonia once as their smallest ship it would not surprise me if it happened again and the new P&O brochure i received direct from P&O last week showing the last cruise as 23rd February 2018 certainly adds to the confusion.

Thats true.

P&O like Royal Caribbean are going for bigger ships and RC have sold some of their smaller ships and because P&O sold Adonia once as their smallest ship it would not surprise me if it happened again and the new P&O brochure i received direct from P&O last week showing the last cruise as 23rd February 2018 certainly adds to the confusion.

But P&O did not 'sell' Adonia, it was taken from them by Carnival P&O did not want the ship to go.

What happened when she went to be Fathom and what is happening now is not connected.

But P&O did not 'sell' Adonia, it was taken from them by Carnival P&O did not want the ship to go.

What happened when she went to be Fathom and what is happening now is not connected.

Thanks for update re Carnival.

I think my other points though point to Adonia leaving P&O though.

Thats true.

That's interesting, because the only new brochure I have is for 2019. We are booked on Adonia on Music festival at Sea on 30th March 2018. There are cruises right through to March 2019 on their website.

Thats true.

Carnival Corporation is the 'parent company' that owns P&O and many other lines, inc Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Costa etc. Carnival Corp moves their vast fleet to wherever they want to. P&O Australia last year got 2 ships from Holland America and so on. So as has been said P&O don't have much of a say.:cool:

Carnival Corporation is the 'parent company' that owns P&O and many other lines, inc Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Costa etc. Carnival Corp moves their vast fleet to wherever they want to. P&O Australia last year got 2 ships from Holland America and so on. So as has been said P&O don't have much of a say.:cool:

Your​ right, Carnival have the power to decide what ship each cruise line uses.

Your​ right, Carnival have the power to decide what ship each cruise line uses.

I don't want to cause a drama, but I was reading on a Adonia roll call that someone was currently on Adonia and future cruise sales staff were taking no Adonia bookings for 2018/2019. The cruise sales staff allegedly said a decision would be made in 3 weeks. That worries me hugely having paid out for airfares. But if Adonia does leave P&O UK I truly hope D812 and D813 sail, I can fit in a couple more Sapphire Princess cruises into my window.:halo:

Let us all say a prayer for Adonia.:halo:

I don't want to cause a drama, but I was reading on a Adonia roll call that someone was currently on Adonia and future cruise sales staff were taking no Adonia bookings for 2018/2019. The cruise sales staff allegedly said a decision would be made in 3 weeks. That worries me hugely having paid out for airfares. But if Adonia does leave P&O UK I truly hope D812 and D813 sail, I can fit in a couple more Sapphire Princess cruises into my window.:halo:

I received the new brochure,

January 2018-October 2019 direct from P&O and cruise D804 a 14 night Caribbean cruise is the last Adonia cruise showing which backs up your information.

I received the new brochure,

January 2018-October 2019 direct from P&O and cruise D804 a 14 night Caribbean cruise is the last Adonia cruise showing which backs up your information.

On the back cover of this brochure it says Published in September 2017 so it is the very latest brochure.

Have a read on Adonia Roll Calls from HELEN HENRY on 12 Sept 2017 aboard Adonia, under topic - Adonia D822. I don't want to believe it, but I might have to.:(

I messaged P&O on Facebook and asked if my cruise D806 was confirmed and this is the response I got which doesn't make me feel any better at all

"At present we are still finalising Adonia's full itinerary so more information about this will follow in the next few weeks. Please rest assured that any changes we make, whether this is itinerary, ship based or otherwise, are always communicated to guests as soon as they happen."

I messaged P&O on Facebook and asked if my cruise D806 was confirmed and this is the response I got which doesn't make me feel any better at all

"At present we are still finalising Adonia's full itinerary so more information about this will follow in the next few weeks. Please rest assured that any changes we make, whether this is itinerary, ship based or otherwise, are always communicated to guests as soon as they happen."

I'm sorry to hear that response from P&O which doesn't sound to promising.

I hope they look after you and everyone else who has booked Adonia if Carnival withdraw her from P&O.