Any "deals" for Black Friday?

coldweather

Hello:

I am new to Carnival and have my first cruise booked for January. For black Friday, does Carnival offer any "deals" for existing bookings? Example: Are their traditionally any discounts offered for shore excursions, specialty dining or drink package?

Thanks!

They never discount Cheers (you can always buy it for $5/day less pre-cruise as opposed to onboard). Shore excursions are hit or miss. If your cabin goes on sale, you can always ask for a price adjustment, but it has to be before your final payment date (Early Saver rates are a bit different).

Hello:

I am new to Carnival and have my first cruise booked for January. For black Friday, does Carnival offer any "deals" for existing bookings? Example: Are their traditionally any discounts offered for shore excursions, specialty dining or drink package?

Thanks!

A few years ago they offered a discount on gift cards. I bought a bunch for my deposit. It might have been on Cyber Monday though.

You can buy discounted gift cards anytime through AARP Rewards (do not have to be an AARP member) or Allstate and you can apply them toward onboard expenses, gratuity, cruise fare, etc.

Also if you're a Sam's Club member, this upcoming Saturday you can buy gift cards for $70 for $100 value. Not sure if they have Carnival cards (I haven't looked) but do know they have Southwest if you're flying.

You can buy discounted gift cards anytime through AARP Rewards (do not have to be an AARP member) or Allstate and you can apply them toward onboard expenses, gratuity, cruise fare, etc.

Also if you're a Sam's Club member, this upcoming Saturday you can buy gift cards for $70 for $100 value. Not sure if they have Carnival cards (I haven't looked) but do know they have Southwest if you're flying.

The gift cards that are $70 for $100 are the extreme value gift cards. Those are the ones that are usually about 20% off. Some examples are O Charleys, Logans, and Steak N Shake. Southwest gift cards are a little discount but only like 3%. I buy them there because every little bit counts!

HTH,

Donna

The gift cards that are $70 for $100 are the extreme value gift cards. Those are the ones that are usually about 20% off. Some examples are O Charleys, Logans, and Steak N Shake. Southwest gift cards are a little discount but only like 3%. I buy them there because every little bit counts!

HTH,

Donna

All of their extreme gift cards that are valued at $100 are on sale for $70 with this sale.

This is from a page I found prior to 2016 Black Friday deals. It is from Carnival and discusses their 2015 deals. Maybe it will give you an idea of what can be expected. It looks like 2015 was mostly about cruise fares. I don't recall what last year's deals were.

Meet the Ghost of Thanksgiving-Weekend-Sales-Past

If you were busy last year, here’s a recap of what Carnival guests enjoyed on Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2015. Actually, if we’re remembering correctly, the deals stretched out for almost a whole week! (Yes, that’s right — we dubbed it “Cyber Week” and brought in a whole family of these cute robots to celebrate… the baby robots were saying things like “beep boop, 1-2-3 deals” and the accountant robot was all “the savings tabulate properly, no syntax errors!”)

Last year’s deals included:

• Thanksgiving: Pilgrimbot previewed the savings to come
  • Cyber Friday: Sunbathebot basked in deals of $49 per person, per day
  • Cyber Saturday: Snorklebot brought you 2–5 day cruises from $65 per day per person + $65 onboard credit per room
  • Cyber Sunday: The Fambot family showed off 6+ day cruises from $75 per day per person + $75 onboard credit per room
  • Cyber Monday Offer Overload: Fedorabot brought the party to a close with Early Saver rates + 50% reduced deposits + $1 upgrades + free price protection

They never discount Cheers (you can always buy it for $5/day less pre-cruise as opposed to onboard). Shore excursions are hit or miss. If your cabin goes on sale, you can always ask for a price adjustment, but it has to be before your final payment date (Early Saver rates are a bit different).

Plus is also has to match the deposit that you made too. For example, if you got early saver with the 50$ deposit, the current sale will have to match that deposit option too. Before they will honor the cabin price reduction.

Good to know! We have a SW CC so we have lots of points, but it's a GREAT gift item too! Thank you!!

You're welcome. I know that's what I am getting because we fly SW a lot (we have a SW CC also but always like to add those points). It's not often you can get a "cheaper" flight.