Club Class Dining??

curtdesilets

There was always a special item cooked in the CC dining area. It was consistently excellent. On the second formal night when I wore my white dinner jacket I offered to cook for the head waiter so he could take a break. He said he could handle in. My wife has a picture for any doubting Thomases.

A few extra thoughts:

1- We never had to wait for a table, which was a huge plus.

2- The service was far better (and faster) than regular MDR.

3- You could tell which tables were for club class passengers as the napkins were gray and embroidered with the letters CC.

4- One weird thing I've never experienced before; on the last night, several tables around us handed an envelope (with some extra gratuities for the staff) to the waitress and she said they were required to get that passenger's cabin number and report how much that cabin gave!! The passengers were upset and all of us were talking about it - trying to figure out why. So we just left our envelope under a napkin when we left. Princess doesn't need to match us with our extra tip. Anyone know why they'd need to know?? :rolleyes:

A few extra thoughts:

1- We never had to wait for a table, which was a huge plus.

2- The service was far better (and faster) than regular MDR.

3- You could tell which tables were for club class passengers as the napkins were gray and embroidered with the letters CC.

4- One weird thing I've never experienced before; on the last night, several tables around us handed an envelope (with some extra gratuities for the staff) to the waitress and she said they were required to get that passenger's cabin number and report how much that cabin gave!! The passengers were upset and all of us were talking about it - trying to figure out why. So we just left our envelope under a napkin when we left. Princess doesn't need to match us with our extra tip. Anyone know why they'd need to know?? :rolleyes:

Actually, they do. If you have left the auto tip on then the money in the envelop goes directly to the staff. If not, it goes into the tip pool shared by all staff in the tip pool. Your wait staff didn't get to keep your tip as with no cabin number or name it went into the tip pool instead. We have always left our name and room number and the staff's name on the envelop. In some areas like the Sanctuary or Sabatini's for the full suite breakfast the extra tips are pooled for all of the staff working there which are maybe four waitstaff and several more in the galley. Have wondered if the extra tips will be pooled in CC dining.

We just got off the Coral last week and in a suite. I was very disappointed in Club Class Dining. After 15 nights the staff still doen't know who we are and that we were in Club Class. Service was poor. Some nights the headwaiter would make something, but it was not any different then what was on the menu. 5 nights it was Caesar Salad. Some nights he made nothing. The only difference between MDR and Club Class was the color of the table cloths and the napkins had CC on them. I would not recommend Club Class.

Actually, they do. If you have left the auto tip on then the money in the envelop goes directly to the staff. If not, it goes into the tip pool shared by all staff in the tip pool. Your wait staff didn't get to keep your tip as with no cabin number or name it went into the tip pool instead. We have always left our name and room number and the staff's name on the envelop. In some areas like the Sanctuary or Sabatini's for the full suite breakfast the extra tips are pooled for all of the staff working there which are maybe four waitstaff and several more in the galley. Have wondered if the extra tips will be pooled in CC dining.

Since no one in our seating area knew why the staff wanted our names/cabins, they should have explained it to us. The staff knew who we were so I'm sure they got the extra gratuities. We always keep the auto tips on. But even if it got pooled, there were very few staff persons in Club Class anyway so not a big deal.