Pacific Sky Disaster

Neicy& Ron

Once again Pacific Sky has let down passengers.

This time though the passengers were booked on the Pacific Sun and P&O swapped ships.

This is a disgrace. Nothing less!!

People make plans well in advance for cruise holidays and pay up front.

P&O should be refunding in full within 24hrs and then offering all passengers free holidays at a later date not just a lousy 25% discount as I have read in these groups.

This publicity will do nothing to help the Australian Cruise industry grow. More the point they send it sinking like the Pacific Sky should.:mad:

My sympathies to those of you that will miss your holiday.

Ron.

I don't know if we will ever want to sail with P&O. Our family was booked to take this trip (7 of us) to celebrate a very special occasion. Some had already left for Sydney and are now incurring extra costs to come back early. We agree that 25% off a future trip (which we don't want to take!) is definitely not adequate compensation for the extreme disappointment and aggravation. School holidays start in Melbourne this weekend so booking anything else has been extremely difficult.:mad:

I rang P&O today and said I had heard Saturdays sailing had been cancelled and is the 7th July still going ahead. She reckons it is, so I asked if the Sky was still broken and she would not give me a straight answer. Just kept saying the gear part was delayed from the USA, but would not admit Saturdays sailing was off. So heres hoping for the 7th. If the Sky is still not going by then I am hoping the Sun will still be here and we go on that, but maybe that is wishful thinking.

Apparently the refunds for the cruise I should be on today will be in the bank on Monday or Tuesday. Well at least they can get their act together in that department.;)

Like you Saz I had 7 of my relatives and friends coming on the cruise aswell. It was actually myself and my partner who talked them all into coming, telling them how much fun it will be. (if only we knew)

We will probably book on another cruise but definetly not the Sky, I just wont trust it for a while. But hopefully like our original plans on the Sun. Maybe even the Star, but for now we will just sit in the miserable winter weather and sulk at what might have been.:(

• 2 weeks later...

Just read this thread and really feel for you guys. We were booked on Celebrity's Infinity last March for our honeymoon. We were already en route when we heard 3 days before that the cruise was being cancelled because of technical problems.

Celebrity IMMEDIATELY offered everyone a full refund and a FREE future cruise in the same category cabin for the same number of days (or less) anytime within the next 12 months.

You accept that these things happen, but when a company treats you right, you are far more likely to use them again.

Might be worth citing Celebrity's attitude to P & O ....

Good luck ....

Cav

• 2 weeks later...

We have just got home from the 7th July cruise and it was all good. I am sitting here now waiting for "Bon Appetito". I guess I will have to feed myself tonight. Everything went well and the ports this time were far better than the Fiji ports. We will do this cruise again. Will write more soon, the family has just turned up.

Hi again. I am having trouble with swaying today. Had the same trouble last year too so started taking the sea sickness pills three days ago and it is not as bad but still not comfortable. I am already planning the next cruise on the Diamond Princess that is going to be running between Sydney and Auckland next year. The Sky was good as usual and we had a great time. Only had one early night of 8.30, the rest were 2.00ams. The entertainment and food were brill again too and today I am doing a starve. The ports we visited were awesome, much better than the Fiji trip we did last year on the Sky. I think the Sky have cut down on their staff this year as there weren't as many hosted deck activites this time round. The questionaire we filled in had as one of the questions would you like buffet or table service for the evening meal so I ticked table servie. Makes me wonder if they are going to cut down more on the staff, but with breakfast and lunch buffet it is nice to be able to have table service at night. Makes the atmosphere I reckon.

Glad to hear everything went so well. Its a great relief and I am so looking forward to our family cruise next Thursday on the 28th Doing Fiji and Vanuatu.

I too think Fiji is at the bottom end of the scale compared to Vanuatu. My dad said Samoa and Tonga were showing that they were quite poor and were some what depressing.

Anyway I love Vanuatu especialy Santo.

Bye

event.png

Archived