Flights to Caribbean - allowance

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:11 AM.
England
372 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Anyone flown in the last couple of weeks with Thomson to Caribbean? How strict are they being with hand luggage? I am really struggling to get down to 5kg (including putting my handbag in my case). Has anyone's hand luggage been checked or weighed? I am used to flying on American flights where the hand luggage allowance is much more generous!
Thanks,
Tracey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
TJones
Chesterfield
800 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by jones721
Anyone flown in the last couple of weeks with Thomson to Caribbean? How strict are they being with hand luggage? I am really struggling to get down to 5kg (including putting my handbag in my case). Has anyone's hand luggage been checked or weighed? I am used to flying on American flights where the hand luggage allowance is much more generous!
Thanks,
Tracey
I hhaven t flown recently with Thomson but I think you will find that it depends on who checks your hand luggage as to whether its weighed or not.I always err on the side of caution and make sure I have only got the 5kg limit because I don t want to be embarrased/have to take things out or pay more if my luggage is checked.Some people may say their luggage wasn t checked so you should be ok but I think a lot of the luggage is checked and weighed.As someone on another forum posted 'Put heavy objects in your coat pockets/wear layers etc/heaviest shoes.'
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crown Princess 2011
Independence of the Seas 2012
Queen Elizabeth 2013
Oceana March 2014
Ventura October 2014
Ventura April 2015
Cruise & Maritime July 2015
Arcadia Sept 2015
Ventura Feb 2016
Emerald Princess June 2016
Arcadia October 2016
Britannia March 2017
Britannia June 2017
Azura September 2017
England
372 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
I've decided to leave my caase with wheels at home (it weighs 2.5kg!) and use a backpack instead. Still over the allowance so am taking a very light coat with large pockets and will put heavy things in there!!
Tracey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
TJones
Chesterfield
800 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by slug33ukuk
I think you will find a ladies handbag is "separate" to hand luggage..at least thats what we have found
It is separate with some airlines and often they will not make you put it in your hand luggage but strictly speaking it has to be able to go into your hand luggage if asked to do so.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crown Princess 2011
Independence of the Seas 2012
Queen Elizabeth 2013
Oceana March 2014
Ventura October 2014
Ventura April 2015
Cruise & Maritime July 2015
Arcadia Sept 2015
Ventura Feb 2016
Emerald Princess June 2016