Cancellation - BONNIE?

tommui987

Aloha Bonnie:

I had to cancel our voyage to Cuba in November as I had an operation and the Doctor told me (in writing) that I was "grounded" till mid-December,

I thought I read somewhere that there would be no penalty if I cancelled and put the payments made to another cruise,

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Edited by tommui987
correcting the sentence

Just check with your INS company.

Thanks for your reply. I have a Chase Reserve card which has a trip cancellation as part of the deal and I have notified them.

But would like to know AZ policy since it would be less of a bother.

Hope Bonnie picks up on this!

I do not agree as I read enough boards. I have been told due to health reason you can cancel. This is something your travel agent and your travel INS can deal with.

My IONS cover me fro all medical so if i had to cancel due to my health I do not lose out

I do not agree as I read enough boards. I have been told due to health reason you can cancel. This is something your travel agent and your travel INS can deal with.

My IONS cover me fro all medical so if i had to cancel due to my health I do not lose out

I think what Bonnie is saying is Azamara will not refund your fare after final payment. You would have to work that out with your insurance company. That's what travel insurance is for.

Actually what I was asking - and probably did not state it well - was if I could use the "final payment" for another cruise on AZ at a later date since the MD did not want me to travel out of State/Oahu until December.

I was looking at an AZ cruise in March or April.

Actually what I was asking - and probably did not state it well - was if I could use the "final payment" for another cruise on AZ at a later date since the MD did not want me to travel out of State/Oahu until December.

I was looking at an AZ cruise in March or April.

I am not sure on this. I would think so. the trick here is a good TA. Plus what the cost was of your cruise vs the new one. here is the TA job. i have cancel pre final payment no problem, not sure on this

Aloha Bonnie:

I had to cancel our voyage to Cuba in November as I had an operation and the Doctor told me (in writing) that I was "grounded" till mid-December,

I thought I read somewhere that there would be no penalty if I cancelled and put the payments made to another cruise,

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Hi

Firstly really hope the surgery and recovery goes well!

I have read posts somewhere where people did come to the arrangement you mention. I don’t personally know anyone that this has happened to. The only thing I could suggest is search against the word cancellation on this board and trawl through all the posts.

I suspect timing will have been significant for anyone who did come to an arrangement- how near sail date, could the cabin be resold etc.

I would certainly contact the cruiseline if you were a direct booker or get your travel agent to do so, there is never any harm in asking.

If you get a response of no, then it’s going to be an insurers issue. (Actually here our travel insurers expect us to show we’ve tried to move bookings etc before accepting a claim, they won’t accept us just sending in an organisations terms and conditions as I found out the other month)

Good luck, hope you get an Azamara cruise really soon and have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Forums