Carnival MC

Butterbean1000

We got an email today saying if you book an excursion prior to your cruise using your Carnival MC, you'll get 10% off. Has anyone done this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I've booked excursions using the Carnival MC and have never received a discount from Carnival at the time of purchase. The discount will appear on the same card billing statement as the original purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Edited by wamdam

Just got that email yesterday. I will be booking excursions for our New Year's Eve cruise so will be checking to see if my credit card statement actually shows that 10% discount being credited back to my card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anybody notice an expiration on this offer? We’re getting ready to board a cruise today and can’t get into my account to check it out in detail right now. Would be nice for our 14-day Journey cruise next fall but not ready to start booking excursions yet.

Anybody notice an expiration on this offer? We’re getting ready to board a cruise today and can’t get into my account to check it out in detail right now. Would be nice for our 14-day Journey cruise next fall but not ready to start booking excursions yet.

I just reread the email, I didn't see an expiration date.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

It says New benefits. Doesn’t sound like a limited time deal.

1Cardmembers who use their Carnival Mastercard to purchase a Carnival shore excursion on Carnival.com prior to their cruise, will receive a 10% discount on the shore excursion package (taxes and fees are not included in the discount). This discount will appear on the same billing statement as the shore excursion package purchase. Shore excursions may be booked online prior to sailing up until the Pre-Sail cut-off time of 11:30 pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure. The statement credit will be posted to their account within 1-2 business days and will appear on their account billing statement within 1 billing cycle. Please note, if a statement credit is going to be more than $2,499, it will require a few extra days to post to the cardmember's account.

Okay thanks for the info. Sounds like a pretty good offer then. Just as good as purchasing the Carnival

Gift cards actually less hassle lol. Hope they make this an ongoing benefit from now on [emoji16]

It would be nice if they'd knock 10% off of all carnival purchases. Then I wouldn't have to get those gift cards at all....Maybe someday.

I had booked my excursions for a February 2018 cruise in August with my Carnival MC. I was able to call the credit card company and tell them I wanted the 10% refund as it is a new member benefit. It did take about 5-10 minutes as it is a new benefit but it was easier then canceling and rebooking.