Just became 3-Star

djhsolara

We just became 3-star during our cruise last week and the notification and pins were delivered to us onboard. Is this normal? I thought we would just get it in the mail once we got home.

In March ours arrived in the mail once home. We were only 1 or 2 days short when we embarked, but I didn't think we would get them on the ship ... would have been nice though. Congrats!

Edited by Linda&Vern

We received ours on the ship. However, I got a 3 star, and DH got a 2 star pin. I know it was an oversight, and I just didn't want to bother them. It happened to another couple as well. I don't care...as long as we get the discount wine package.

I was happy to find out that $$ spent onboard goes towards our star status as well.

We made 4-Star on our last cruise. After being home a week, I phoned Mariner Society and they were happy to mail the new pins. They apologized that the pins were not given to us onboard. No big deal....

It's exciting to know that some of you have received the new pins before you got home. Did you also get a new room card with the correct number of stars so that you received the appropriate amenities onboard?

Our next cruise is 35 days (17 + 18) collector's cruise and we'll become 4* on the return trip. We'd love to be able to use the new amenities (particularly the laundry) before the cruise ends. Do we have any chance of this happening?

Additional amenities are supposed to start with the cruise following the cruise on which the new star status is reached.

If you were to reach your new level on the first portion of your Collectors' cruise, then you could stand a chance of using the additional amenities on the second portion. Even then, you would have to ask at the Front Desk, as there would not be enough time for the record keeping to catch up.

But since you reach your new status on the second portion, you should not expect anything additional until next time.

Reason enough to book another cruise! :D

... for the clarification. I do like your idea of HAVING to book a next cruise so that I can use those new amenities.

Or maybe with the new "organization" at HAL and Carnival Corp. there will be new ways of doing things.

We just became 3-star during our cruise last week and the notification and pins were delivered to us onboard. Is this normal? I thought we would just get it in the mail once we got home.

Sent from my iPad

Congratulations on becoming 3 star mariners.

• 1 month later...

:confused::confused:

We received our Silver medallions on our last cruise but no 300 day pin..

Decided to give our little great grandkids our Bronze (Copper) medallions to play with, & have a question about about the little oval pins which designate the actual number of days cruised..

On the ribbon of our Bronze (Copper) medallions we have a small blue oval pin for 25 days, a small red oval pin for 50 days, & a small bronze (copper?) pin for 100 days..

In addition we also have our 4 star Mariner brass oblong pins, which we use when we check in & wear to the Mariner luncheon..

My question is:

Should we have received an oval small pin which indicates 300 days or did the 4 star pin replace the small oval pins?

If we should have received a 300 day pin in addition to our medallions, will e-mail the Mariner society, as really like the small oval pins to put on the blue medallion ribbons..

Thanks & Congratulations to the OP for becoming a 3 star Mariner!

Cheers :):) Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

Should we have received an oval small pin which indicates 300 days or did the 4 star pin replace the small oval pins?
The medallion levels (100, 300, 500, 700) based on only actual sea days are separate a separate program from the Star levels (30, 75, 200, 500) which can be achieved in part through spending. But - I don't think they're giving out the pins anymore.

When we received our copper medallions we did not get the pins, but I had gotten them a few months earlier by writing to the Mariner Society, fearing that they would be gone by the time we hit the 100 days on board.

Edited by jtl513

My question is:

Betty, when the new * system pins were introduced, the old medallion program, with oval pins ended. The medallions from silver on up were reinstated quickly (copper was reinstated some time later), but the pins were not. The only pins awarded now are the * pins.

Some folks were able to get the pins that match the medallions on board, or from the Mariner Society, as long as they lasted. You can try asking the Mariner Society if they have any silver pins left.