Unlimited drink package -Aurea experience

ranchette

Out of curiosity what is the difference between the Aurea drink package and the Deluxe package?

The drink package included in Aurea is the classic package.

The main reason I want to change is on the Divina my two favourite wines were in the classic package and on Seaside they are in the premium!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Book with MSC direct as we did for the Xmas sailing and no issue to upgrade, book via a TA and you get every excuse under the sun from both as to why it can't be done !

We booked our Christmas cruise with a TA and had no problem in *getting* the upgrade. (The reason we chose not to go for it was MSC were charging too much for it. It was an 11 night cruise so the per diem rate was reduced to €21 pp for the basic and €40 pp for the deluxe - a difference of €19. They wanted to charge us €24pppd to upgrade. That's the difference between the packages for 7 night cruises, so we decided to wait and see what it would cost onboard. Turned out they wanted the same, plus 15% service charge so we said "No thanks!")

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

The cruise I have booked is with a TA(CN) & did not have an inclusive package, so I have tried to book one on MSC website, but no packages are available.

I contacted MSC (UK) to be informed that if you book through a TA you must book all drink packages direct with the TA. Not sure what 'mark-up' the TA will put on for this privilege.

DC ... This is part of the problem with MSC in so far that you can ask 10 people a question on the same subject and get 10 different answers, what I find odd is being told by MSC that I could book the Deluxe online via our booking but would have to pay the full price! Our Xmas booking last year for Seaside was direct with MSC and there was no issue getting the upgrade and after I had emailed them they rang me to take the payment.

tjwa ... MSC set the prices not the TA, the TA can only book what is available, I get the feeling that MSC throw their toys out of the pram if you book via a travel agent. I know it can be done because we have done it on other sailings booked via a TA.

Sidari,

Yes, I could have booked this 4 days ago direct with MSC but when I checked today the packages aren't available and under my details it states that the drink package is a cancelled item.

I was offered the package when I booked with CN but decided to check it out on MSC UK site and it was the same price as CN. It will be interesting on Monday to find out what CN are charging.

Edited by tjwa

DC ... This is part of the problem with MSC in so far that you can ask 10 people a question on the same subject and get 10 different answers, what I find odd is being told by MSC that I could book the Deluxe online via our booking but would have to pay the full price! Our Xmas booking last year for Seaside was direct with MSC and there was no issue getting the upgrade and after I had emailed them they rang me to take the payment.

tjwa ... MSC set the prices not the TA, the TA can only book what is available, I get the feeling that MSC throw their toys out of the pram if you book via a travel agent. I know it can be done because we have done it on other sailings booked via a TA.

Thanks, sidari. When my TA tried to book the Deluxe package for me last week, he said he was told that we’d have to pay full price. He’s going on vacation himself soon so I decided not to bother him & called MSC myself. It was $56 pp and as I wrote, done in 3 minutes. Crazy that I would have better luck than the TA, but there we are. Think I’ll print out my booking confirmation so it won’t disappear, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what exchange rate MSC are using but your $56 at today`s UK rate of £1 =$1.39 is £40.28 ! yet MSC have charged £42 = $58.38. An increase of £7 = $9.73 since the Xmas sailing.

Am I getting the impression that CN are the problem???

Am I getting the impression that CN are the problem???

You may well be right.

When I booked my cruise in January, CN quoted me same cost as the MSC website. I intend to ring CN on Monday to see what they are now charging for the drink package.

Not sure what exchange rate MSC are using but your $56 at today`s UK rate of £1 =$1.39 is £40.28 ! yet MSC have charged £42 = $58.38. An increase of £7 = $9.73 since the Xmas sailing.

Yes, I’m in the USA and the difference between the Classic and Deluxe packages is $8 per day, so $56 for 7 days. There are two of us so it was $112 total, which is nice because I’ve been told that upgrading onboard the ship incurs a 15% gratuity which I didn’t have to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

We have booked Aurea experience for next year. Travel agent is adamant that it will cost over €400 to go from standard Easy drinks package  (included in Aurea) to Premium drinks Package. Should I further question them on this extra cost or are they right?

2 hours ago, dazzaboyd19 said:

We have booked Aurea experience for next year. Travel agent is adamant that it will cost over €400 to go from standard Easy drinks package  (included in Aurea) to Premium drinks Package.

Aurea experience has the Easy package included. Upgrading from Easy to Premium depends on what area you are sailing from.  US based Caribbean itineraries cost $27 per person per day.  European based itineraries cost a little less per day, sorry I don't have that exact number because I can't currently log in to MSC due to a website change.  Someone here can probably give you the exact amounts.  There are also small differences whether you price in $, € or £.  It is required that all adults in the stateroom upgrade.

Edited by Até