Drink Cards..same rules as Drink Pkgs?

E23NK1

We will be on Oasis in April and have not purchased the drink package this year because my wife will never be able to drink enough to justify the cost...but I have read that Drink cards are usually offered at some point during the cruise.

Are the rules the same for Drink Cards in that if I purchase one, I would have to purchase one for my wife too (because we are in the same cabin)?...I would think not but there seems to be alot more rules and changes recently that I may not be up to speed on.

Thanks,

Eric

I didn't realize that its $79 plus the 18% gratuity...so that brings it to $93.22 total ($9.32/drink) ...so its probably only a deal if you are ordering frozen drinks as opposed to a rum and coke for example...correct?

I didn't realize that its $79 plus the 18% gratuity...so that brings it to $93.22 total ($9.32/drink) ...so its probably only a deal if you are ordering frozen drinks as opposed to a rum and coke for example...correct?

Certainly a better deal if you are ordering frozen/blender/upper shelf drinks. Rum and Coke is probably around $9 before gratuity, so you would still save some money.

We like to order Italian Teas :D which were $13 plus tip each, so I think we got a deal!;)

Sherri:)

Exactly how I calculated it.

We will be on Oasis in April and have not purchased the drink package this year because my wife will never be able to drink enough to justify the cost...but I have read that Drink cards are usually offered at some point during the cruise.

Are the rules the same for Drink Cards in that if I purchase one, I would have to purchase one for my wife too (because we are in the same cabin)?...I would think not but there seems to be alot more rules and changes recently that I may not be up to speed on.

Thanks,

Eric

You can purchase your wife a refreshment package and a deluxe beverage package for yourself. However it appears that you are not able to do it on line so a phone call is needed.

You can purchase your wife a refreshment package and a deluxe beverage package for yourself. However it appears that you are not able to do it on line so a phone call is needed.

Thank you for this tip - I did not know this.

My gf really doesn't drink so getting two alcohol packages isn't worth it for us. (But one is worth it for me.)

Your calculations are correct, but if you order a drink without a package or drink card, 18% gratuity will be added.

Therefore it still makes sense to compare a $7.90 drink price to what you see on a menu/think of as the price of a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could you clarify this please? I was told that everyone in the cabin must purchase the deluxe drink package (my husband and myself). Are you saying as long as we purchase any refreshment package we can have for ex one deluxe package and one classic soda package?

Could you clarify this please? I was told that everyone in the cabin must purchase the deluxe drink package (my husband and myself). Are you saying as long as we purchase any refreshment package we can have for ex one deluxe package and one classic soda package?

People have reported here that IF YOU CALL, they will let you buy one Deluxe and one Refreshment instead of two Deluxes.

(Refreshment is the name of a specific package, not a general term for beverage packages)

Your calculations are correct, but if you order a drink without a package or drink card, 18% gratuity will be added.

Therefore it still makes sense to compare a $7.90 drink price to what you see on a menu/think of as the price of a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True...I wasnt thinking about the 18% that way...good point...thanks for pointing that out.

So definitely no beer or wine...but most anything else should be a good value then.