Pool side drink service

famof4togo

So last time I sailed with Carnival was prior to the inception of "cheers". Prior to Cheers there was always plenty of bar waiters walking around the pool taking orders and bringing you drinks right to your seat etc....but I was curious if that is still the same now since Cheers came into play? Are bar waiters walking around just as frequent or do you have to go up to the bar now? I was just figuring it might not be as cost effective to have them walking around as much for Carnival.....

Pool service is almost non existent, on all our recent cruises including a Med cruise all on Carnival. The bars were 4 deep with people wanting to order drinks. The bartenders seam to be overwhelmed. Just my observations lately. Tom

We didn't have any issue on our last cruises when we were around the pools, especially the aft pools. Although we did tip an extra couple of bucks on our first couple of drinks and that seemed to help them remember us.

Last few cruises, i never had to wait more than a minute before a server would come over to me....Now, in addition to Cheers, i do tip on every drink i get. I have found the bars on the Lido deck can get very crowded, as you said, 4 deep....Here is a little hint, the first time up there, you take care of the bartenders with cash, they will more than take care of you. Recent cruise, bar was 3 deep. The bartender sees me, knows what i am drinking and points to the end of the bar where my cocktails are waiting. Its good to have friends in high places. Take care of the servers & bartenders and they will take care of you.

Our MO as well, works every time!;);)

So last time I sailed with Carnival was prior to the inception of "cheers". Prior to Cheers there was always plenty of bar waiters walking around the pool taking orders and bringing you drinks right to your seat etc....but I was curious if that is still the same now since Cheers came into play? Are bar waiters walking around just as frequent or do you have to go up to the bar now? I was just figuring it might not be as cost effective to have them walking around as much for Carnival.....

There are enough people walking around asking every minute.

The roving waiters, while they seem to be at every turn on Day 1, are few and far between the rest of the cruise. They are much more visible if your good friend George (as in George Washington) accompanies every drink.

Noticeable difference in the amount of roving bar waiters now than there use to be and not just on Carnival. When we began cruising pre drink packages, I don't think I could even finish a drink before 1-2 waiters came around to see if I wanted another. I agree the first day there are often more but, after that not so many.

Cash is KING! if you have cash and tip the bartenders and waiters hanging around the pool, they will easily seek you out and be sure you have a drink in your hand 24/7. Wouldn't doubt if it was slow that the bartender didn't find you at the pool and asked if you needed another drink. The better you tip, the more likely they will find you.

There will be 10 adults in my party, so even if some are cheap and throw the waitress a dollar but others give 2-5 dollars, that waitress or bartender could easily make 15-20 dollars a trip, 5-7 trips per day at the pool and they are looking at 75-140 bucks a day. You can bet they will find us