Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Northern Europe & Baltic Sea
Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:30 PM.
49 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Hi Danish Viking, do you know how loud the city hall bells are and their frequency and duration? Will it affect napping or sleeping hotels like the popular Scandic, and likely be heard from many distances away even with windows closed? Thank you for all the help you provide to people.
Køge, south of Copenhagen.
5,028 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by KittyloverCA
I made a reservation at Ibsens. Thanks for the suggestions. I’m not really tied to a specific budget, but not looking for luxury either. More looking for convenience and enough room. So is ibsens a good choice? What about Kong Arthur? It seemed to b3 further from Tivoli and such though

I think ibsens is near the central train station? Many years ago was the only time I was in Copenhagen. I remember the train station had a surprisingly wonderful smorgasbord restaurant. Is that still the case?

Ibsens gets good reviews on tripadvisor, as we speak the hotel is rated as the 17th best hotel in Copenhagen out of 119 so its not that bad.

Its located close to Nørreport station but here you can find the Torvehallerne food hall and they have very good Smørrebrød as smorgasbord is called in Danish.

Kong Arthus is located 250 meters away from Ibsens but is actually voted as the 10th best hotel.
5,028 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Cruiser10003
Hi Danish Viking, do you know how loud the city hall bells are and their frequency and duration? Will it affect napping or sleeping hotels like the popular Scandic, and likely be heard from many distances away even with windows closed? Thank you for all the help you provide to people.

Out of the almost 2400 reviews "only" 40 of them talks about the clock tower, peraps there is more but only 40 reviews has tagged that word.

So it doesn´t seem like a big issue for most of the guest.

btw the bells is only on from 08:00 to 24:00.
107 Posts
Joined May 2004
Hello Danish Viking,

My family, (my husband, myself, DD24, DD16, DS10, and my mother 73), will be staying at the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, near the airport for a couple of nights in July. Could you give me your best opinion of how to get to Tivoli and any other main attractions? I know that's a broad question, but I really have no idea what to do there, I just figured the kids would enjoy Tivoli Park. Also, can you tell me how much Tivoli costs? Any help is appreciated. I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I just don't have time to read through 37 pages right now. :-(
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
2018 Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas
2018 Norwegian Breakaway - Scandinavia & Russia

Past Cruises:
2017 Emerald Princess - New Zealand
2016 Holland America Oosterdam - Western Caribbean
2015 Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas – Bahamas
2015 Norwegian Star – Mexican Riviera
2014 Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean
2012 Ruby Princess – Eastern Caribbean
2011 Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas – Mediterranean
2011 Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas - Alaska
2011 Disney Dream - Bahamas
2008 Norwegian Jewel - Canada New England
2007 Sun Princess - Eastern Caribbean
2005 Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean
2004 Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas- Bahamas
2003 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2000 Sea Princess - Alaska
1999 Sea Princess - Western Caribbean
1996 Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas
5,028 Posts
Joined May 2006
Luckily the train and metro stops next to your hotel.

If you take the train you arrive in the area of Copenhagen where you find the national museum, Glyptoteket, Tivoli etc etc etc.

If you take the metro instead you arrive at Kongens Nytorv where you find Nyhavn, the canal tours, Amalienborg and Rosenborg.

The entrance to Tivoli is 120 kroner. but if you buy a Copenhagen Card instead you have free transportation and free entrance to the blue planet aquarium, Zoo, Tivoli, Glyptoteket, the national museum, both Stromma and Netto Bådenes canal tour and lots of other things.

The card also includes free transportation so you can use it to get to and from your hotel and downtown Copenhagen (24 kroner each way) and from the airport to the hotel (also 24 kroner) and to the cruise pier (also 24 kroner).

So you are easily looking at around 100 kroner only for transportation and around 150 kroner if you visit the zoo or the aquarium that are not in walking distance.

If you buy the 48 hour card it will cost you 549 kroner and 279 for the youngest kid.
If a 72 hour card is more suitable then its 659 kroner and 329 kroner.
107 Posts
Joined May 2004
Originally posted by Danish viking
Luckily the train and metro stops next to your hotel.

If you take the train you arrive in the area of Copenhagen where you find the national museum, Glyptoteket, Tivoli etc etc etc.

If you take the metro instead you arrive at Kongens Nytorv where you find Nyhavn, the canal tours, Amalienborg and Rosenborg.

The entrance to Tivoli is 120 kroner. but if you buy a Copenhagen Card instead you have free transportation and free entrance to the blue planet aquarium, Zoo, Tivoli, Glyptoteket, the national museum, both Stromma and Netto Bådenes canal tour and lots of other things.

The card also includes free transportation so you can use it to get to and from your hotel and downtown Copenhagen (24 kroner each way) and from the airport to the hotel (also 24 kroner) and to the cruise pier (also 24 kroner).

So you are easily looking at around 100 kroner only for transportation and around 150 kroner if you visit the zoo or the aquarium that are not in walking distance.

If you buy the 48 hour card it will cost you 549 kroner and 279 for the youngest kid.
If a 72 hour card is more suitable then its 659 kroner and 329 kroner.
Thank you! That is VERY helpful.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
2018 Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas
2018 Norwegian Breakaway - Scandinavia & Russia

Past Cruises:
2017 Emerald Princess - New Zealand
2016 Holland America Oosterdam - Western Caribbean
2015 Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas – Bahamas
2015 Norwegian Star – Mexican Riviera
2014 Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean
2012 Ruby Princess – Eastern Caribbean
2011 Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas – Mediterranean
2011 Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas - Alaska
2011 Disney Dream - Bahamas
2008 Norwegian Jewel - Canada New England
2007 Sun Princess - Eastern Caribbean
2005 Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean
2004 Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas- Bahamas
2003 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2000 Sea Princess - Alaska
1999 Sea Princess - Western Caribbean
1996 Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas
49 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Out of the almost 2400 reviews "only" 40 of them talks about the clock tower, peraps there is more but only 40 reviews has tagged that word.

So it doesn´t seem like a big issue for most of the guest.

btw the bells is only on from 08:00 to 24:00.
Was expecting your personal experience living there versus an Internet search which was done already.
5,028 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Cruiser10003
Was expecting your personal experience living there versus an Internet search which was done already.
Excuse me :-)

Well my personal experience is that i live 38 kilometers from the town hall square so I can't hear it.
Pittsburgh, PA USA
321 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Hello, everyone.

We will be docking on a Sunday in June at Oceankaj (berth 333, I believe) The wife and I are planning on just strolling around central Copenhagen for the day, and possibly taking a canal cruise from Nyhavn.

A couple questions...do the cruise lines have a shuttle to take guests into central Copenhagen, or would the public bus/taxi be a better option? I think I read somewhere that the 26 bus doesn’t operate on Sundays.

We’re not really operating on any specific schedule, we’d just like a simple way to get to the central part of town for a few hours.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
3 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Excuse me :-)

Well my personal experience is that i live 38 kilometers from the town hall square so I can't hear it.
Most visitors don't stay 38 kilometers from town hall square, where you're not even remotely nearby between 800 and 2400 hours??
81 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Wow, DanishViking provides a ton of useful info, he can’t be blamed for not having personal info about the loudness of bells from a hotel room!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Star- Alaska 2010
DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013 and 2014
Upcoming NCL Breakaway Baltic July 2018
5,028 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by sstepson
Hello, everyone.

We will be docking on a Sunday in June at Oceankaj (berth 333, I believe) The wife and I are planning on just strolling around central Copenhagen for the day, and possibly taking a canal cruise from Nyhavn.

A couple questions...do the cruise lines have a shuttle to take guests into central Copenhagen, or would the public bus/taxi be a better option? I think I read somewhere that the 26 bus doesn’t operate on Sundays.

We’re not really operating on any specific schedule, we’d just like a simple way to get to the central part of town for a few hours.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You got some old info.

26 doesn't go out to Oceankaj anymore.

Its 25 and 27 that serves Oceankaj.

On Sundays you get bus 25 3 times each hours and 27 goes 2 times each hours.
Florida and New Jersey
1,098 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
We are arriving July 30 at CPH airport and need private transportation from the airport to the Marriott hotel. Then, two days later, from the hotel to the cruise terminal. I am handicapped and travel with a portable electric scooter. (Folds to the Size of a suitcase). Plus two large duffel bags and a carry on.
We usually get a small van and everything fits.
Can you recommend a reasonable but reliable car service.
Thanks
Sheila
B[email protected]
5,028 Posts
Joined May 2006
Try cphlimo.dk

A taxi is cheaper and will get you almost the same service but at a cheaper price.

At the airport its very easy to get a taxi and I'm sure that the hotel will order one for you at a specific time.
365 Posts
Joined May 2010
OK if we open a 2018 version of this wonderful thread? Helps to make it easier to navigate and search for information as well as keep clear of any unhelpful content that might find its way to the board.

We’re grateful for the time and assistance you offer to everyone Danish Viking! And thanks to all the members who stop by to help keep this the thriving topic of conversation that it has grown to be, but isn’t it all about wonderful Copenhagen?

Now all I have to do is get there....it’s a dream destination along w/some other Northern European cities I’ve yet to visit. Plus there’s this whole culinary thing I have to get settled from way back that has to do with rouladen though that’s not Copenhagen specific, just Danish

Thanks DV & members
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Bonjour
Colleen
[email protected]
"...people don't take trips - trips take people." John Steinbeck