2020 world cruise itinerary

Cruise NH

I just saw the itinerary, what a surprise. Going to Antarctica, but neither the Panama canal or the Suez canal. I was very surprised at the itinerary. I am sure the cruisers will have a wonderful time even with our the canals.

I just saw the itinerary, what a surprise. Going to Antarctica, but neither the Panama canal or the Suez canal. I was very surprised at the itinerary. I am sure the cruisers will have a wonderful time even with our the canals.

Good point that didn't even jump out at me. What a tremendous cost savings.

Not impressed, the whole east coast of Brasil is garbage, Belem, Recife, watch out for being robbed...

"Garbage ports of call" to call them is a bit harsh, I think. I have not visited them all and I would agree, based upon my very recent visit to Buenos Aires, that caution and tourist-awareness of one's surroundings is required. A tour that I took at Recife to the community of Olinda is one that I recall with pleasure.

The opportunity to visit Antarctica and the Falkland Islands and witness the wildlife and scenery ought to be a major attraction to this cruise.

"Garbage ports of call" to call them is a bit harsh, I think. I have not visited them all and I would agree, based upon my very recent visit to Buenos Aires, that caution and tourist-awareness of one's surroundings is required. A tour that I took at Recife to the community of Olinda is one that I recall with pleasure.

The opportunity to visit Antarctica and the Falkland Islands and witness the wildlife and scenery ought to be a major attraction to this cruise.

Antarctica is fabulous, I just did it, and Stanley is good also, make sure you go to Volunteer point, it's not cheap, but worth it, to have a 1000 King Pinquins running around you, is an experience. Brazil is a disaster, it would be better to use the west coast (plus Panama Canal), much nicer (Glacier Alley)and safer..

Other then missing both canals, it looks like a very interesting cruise. Not very many cruises go to Antarctica.

Allan

Having sailed through the Panama Canal more than once and the Suez Canal once, Antarctica and the Falklands are far of more interest, I think.

The most significant thing I learned from sailing through the Suez was the significant Egyptian military presence along the Canal. Surely looked to me that they were ready to shut the Canal off to shipping traffic if they felt they needed to do so.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know when the cruise can be booked?

I called Hal world cruise dept. and am pre-registered for the cruise. They will ask you your cabin preference and also require a $100. refundable deposit, per person.

According to the Hal rep. I spoke to, the itinerary is being fine tuned and will be released approximately end of May or in June. A few days before it is released, they will notify all those who have pre-registered, give them the finalized itinerary and cost. You'll have a few days to decide if you wish to do the cruise or not.

I called Hal world cruise dept. and am pre-registered for the cruise. They will ask you your cabin preference and also require a $100. refundable deposit, per person.

According to the Hal rep. I spoke to, the itinerary is being fine tuned and will be released approximately end of May or in June. A few days before it is released, they will notify all those who have pre-registered, give them the finalized itinerary and cost. You'll have a few days to decide if you wish to do the cruise or not.

Thank you so much for all of the information!!!!!!! Appreciate it!!

Glad to be able to help!

By the way, a roll call has already been started for this cruise.

Gosh, you guys don't waste any time. I was inquiring for a friend of mine who may be joining you and bringing two other couples along. She has decided to go ahead and put down the refundable deposit.

Gosh, you guys don't waste any time. I was inquiring for a friend of mine who may be joining you and bringing two other couples along. She has decided to go ahead and put down the refundable deposit.

You're right about not wasting any time. This will be my first world cruise but from various posts I've seen, there are several posters who have done several and are booking this one also.

Please tell your friend to join our roll call; it's low key now but will have a lot of posts soon enough.

We have made our "pre-booking" deposit. Look forward to it. I am most curious about pricing given the longer duration. One would hope the savings from no canals will offset some of that but you never know.

• 1 month later...

We are tentatively booked on this cruise, but I'm having doubts. There are many days showing as "cruising". Four days cruising the Antarctic, but the time docked in Ushuaia is 7-2 PM so no time to actually set foot in the Antarctic. More days in Africa. We also looked at the Costa ww and we really like that itinerary better because it goes thru the Suez canal and gives a few days in the Meditteranean . But we've read such horrible reviews it makes us nervous. But it is really cheap. I know "you get what you pay for".

We are tentatively booked on this cruise, but I'm having doubts. There are many days showing as "cruising". Four days cruising the Antarctic, but the time docked in Ushuaia is 7-2 PM so no time to actually set foot in the Antarctic. More days in Africa. We also looked at the Costa ww and we really like that itinerary better because it goes thru the Suez canal and gives a few days in the Meditteranean . But we've read such horrible reviews it makes us nervous. But it is really cheap. I know "you get what you pay for".

I know what you mean.

I want to do the Mediterranean, Africa, and Antarctica at some point.

I figure it’s easier and cheaper to pick up a Mediterranean cruise later on than Antarctica or Africa, so we’ve booked our cabin and we’re going on this one!

We also had a deposit on this cruise. We cancelled because we also want to transit the Suez Canal. Have been to many places on the itinerary also.

There was still some limited space on a segment of the 2019 world cruise that would transit the Suez but the per diem price was not to our liking.

Looking at other options.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also had a deposit on this cruise. We cancelled because we also want to transit the Suez Canal. Have been to many places on the itinerary also.

There was still some limited space on a segment of the 2019 world cruise that would transit the Suez but the per diem price was not to our liking.

Looking at other options.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I were looking over a globe and realized we've just about completed a world cruise, but in segments. We are missing one small segment, which includes Suez Canal. We found an unusual itinerary on Princess in 2019 that embarks in Rome and disembarks in Singapore. This will complete our "world cruise." You may have already seen this one.

Hi Everyone, My wife (Tatiana) and I have just confirmed our booking for the 2020 HAL world cruise. We were on the 2017 world cruise but only got half way (Hong Kong) due to medical problems. We had a reservation for the 2018 world cruise but the doctors were still trying to figure out Tatiana's problem (still don't know for sure). We didn't like the 2019 itinerary so we were waiting anxiously for the 2020 itinerary. It's perfect for us, although we would have liked to go to Western Australia. We are looking forward to the Antarctic, New Zealand and Australia; but especially Capetown (It's now in excess of 50 years since I was there as a deck officer on a cargo ship. I know it's a long way off but I'm going to start investigating leaving the ship in Maputo and going on a 2 day Kruger National Park safari. It probably means flying to Capetown 4 or 5 days later to rejoin the ship but for us it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. If anyone's interested e-mail me at billsteel1945@gmail.com and I'll keep you up to date. Perhaps with a small group we an get a better deal.