Early saver--deposit refund??

kwazi07

Hi everyone,

With the reduced deposit sale that is being offered right now, we were looking at booking a cruise for November 2019, which is a little far out.

I was reading the T&C for the Early Saver rate and I can't figure out if you will get a refund if you cancel before final payment. I think I understand that if I pay the deposit today, but cancel before the final payment day, I will receive a future cruise credit equal to the deposit, minus $50 pp, correct?

However, if I make additional payments to the cruise before the final payment date, how will those payments be refunded? Will I receive the deposit back as the credit, and then the payments made back to the original form of payment?

Thank you!

I'm sorry I can't answer this for sure, but I was wondering where you see reduced deposits?

I just saw it on the homepage, and it’s only a $375 deposit for the cruise I’m looking at instead of $750.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe they hold all the money - less $50/pp as future cruise credit. It has been about 3 years, and I switched a cruise, and I think this is what happened.

However, if you are willing to risk the deposit amount now... do it! I do this all the time, book 2 years out on a reduced deposit to get the specific room I want... worst I am out is a tiny bit of cash. Just don't pay anything else for the cruise until you are SURE that you are going. I book 2 years out and don't start paying on it till like 6 months or less before.

Hi everyone,

With the reduced deposit sale that is being offered right now, we were looking at booking a cruise for November 2019, which is a little far out.

I was reading the T&C for the Early Saver rate and I can't figure out if you will get a refund if you cancel before final payment. I think I understand that if I pay the deposit today, but cancel before the final payment day, I will receive a future cruise credit equal to the deposit, minus $50 pp, correct?

However, if I make additional payments to the cruise before the final payment date, how will those payments be refunded? Will I receive the deposit back as the credit, and then the payments made back to the original form of payment?

Thank you!

You will loose $50 non refundable. The rest of the deposit is has to be used within 2 years. Why pay before final payment? There isn't any reason to, in my opinion.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

You will receive the deposit as a FCC for the payee (not each person booked) and the remainder will be refunded to the original payment type (cc, gift card, or check).

We've had to cancel and re-book a cabin under Early Saver, but haven't had to go as far as getting issued the future cruise credit. The family who was originally supposed to go with us in June cancelled on us. They got the future cruise credit, but had only paid their deposit at the time they cancelled. So I don't have first-hand experience with what happens to additional payments you've made, but Carnival states this (emphasis added in red by me):

• Early Saver: The deposit is non-refundable at any time after the booking is made. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 USD per person service fee.

With the Pack & Go rate, on the other hand, it specifically states that 100% of the fare is non-refundable.

We just booked a cruise on Monday (yup, I am doing the happy dance!) and it was the first time we booked directly with Carnival instead of through a travel agent. Before I booked, I called to make sure I understood the cancellation policy. We booked Early Saver so if we cancel prior to the final payment date, we will get a future cruise credit for the amount of our deposit, less $50.00 per person. We wanted to use the Easy Pay option so I asked about payments that were made that way. If we cancel before the final payment date, they will refund the payments to us through the credit card we made them on.

We just booked a cruise on Monday (yup, I am doing the happy dance!) and it was the first time we booked directly with Carnival instead of through a travel agent. Before I booked, I called to make sure I understood the cancellation policy. We booked Early Saver so if we cancel prior to the final payment date, we will get a future cruise credit for the amount of our deposit, less $50.00 per person. We wanted to use the Easy Pay option so I asked about payments that were made that way. If we cancel before the final payment date, they will refund the payments to us through the credit card we made them on.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

You are correct but why make additional payments before you are supposed to and it seems you are un sure about the cruise?