Allure Cancels Roatan for rest of the season

sharse

The Roatan Tourism Bureau is reporting as of this morning that Allure, scheduled to arrive May 10, has canceled this arrival, and the remainder of the “season” due to the damage to the dock. They said smaller ships can still dock, but not Allure.

I’m on a June sailing which, in my Cruise Planner, is still showing Roatan. I’m sure it will take some time to make these changes and notify everyone. Assuming this is accurate information from the Tourism Bureau, what do you think Royal will do? Is there another port they might substitute? (We are already scheduled to go to Cozumel and Costa Maya.). Maybe Grand Cayman? Or do you think it will just be a sea day? Would you expect they’ll offer OBC for the inconvenience?

Personally I’m ok with it. Was looking forward to my excursion, but it is what it is. Nothing to get all angry about!

What are your thoughts for how they’ll deal with the change?

Oh, I hope this isn't true. We sail 5/20 and this was the port I was most excited for. We were going to Daniel Johnson's sloth sanctuary.

I’m sailing on June 3rd and was also going to visit the sloth sanctuary. Dang! I was really looking forward to it as this is one port I haven’t been to yet

I had a tour with Bodden and he sent me an emailing stating that Allure of the Seas was not going on the 10th because of the pier.

So I called Royal Caribbean twice, two diffenent reps and they said there was no such cancelation.

What do you think of that

It makes no difference to me as I dont mind staying on the ship but the truth is always nice.

RCCL is not notifying as fast as we like, I think later you will receive the letter with the Itinerary change.

If anyone gets a letter, please let us know if they are replacing the destination with another or a ship day.

At least y'all have time to make different arrangements. We are on the LOS 8-15 cruise and lost a port day. All we have received is $9.81 credit each for Roatan port fees. Was told that headquarters authorized no other credit. Will be calling them when I get back home.

Awww nuts,we are on the May 20th sailing and was looking forward to visiting Roatan again! Hope we get another port in its place.:(

So are we...and we have an excursion planned for our first time there....so unfortunate, but still waiting to hear from RC before we cancel.

Aww bummer. :mad::mad::mad: We were looking forward to doing the horseback riding excursion in Roatan after missing the same excursion in St Maarten last August due to RC changing the ports around because of the azipod issue. The changed itinerary had us in St. Maarten on the same day as Oasis of the Seas and they had first dibs on the excursions so many excursions through RC were cancelled.

I wouldn't be surprised if RC changed the ports around and included a stop in Labadee or Jamaica instead of Roatan.

It's such a shame that the larger ships will have to make other arrangements. It's especially sad for the people of Roatan that depend on many tourists visiting. For those hoping for an OBC for the trouble, that's not going to happen. This is in no way Royal's fault, therefore they will not pick up the added expense of issuing OBC's.

Is there anywhere that states what the "season" is?

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Wondering the same thing! I'm looking forward to Roatan at the end of the year and I would think it'll be back up and operational well before then, but who knows?