Cruise question

muffin1$

Yes. However, a visit to Machu Picchu is not a "day" tour. It is a multi-day add-on to a cruise. For example, here is the schedule for a pre-cruise Princess tour to Machu Picchu. Other lines may "embed" the multi-day tour into a cruise, thus giving up three or so days of the cruise for the tour. Ask your travel agent for information on cruise lines who provide this service, there are many possibilities.

As noted Princess has always offered this as a multi day off there West Coast to “Santiago “ cruise. When I had that cruise booked in the past, we had to cancel, several people on the roll call were arranging private trips as they could do so at much lower costs.

As noted Princess has always offered this as a multi day off there West Coast to “Santiago “ cruise. When I had that cruise booked in the past, we had to cancel, several people on the roll call were arranging private trips as they could do so at much lower costs.

"Santiago" ports (Valpo or San Antonio) are roughly three times the distance to Cusco as would be Lima. IMO, if a separate land trip to Machu Picchu is not "in the cards," the better cruise to add on the multi-day Machu Picchu visit would be one starting or ending at Lima.

"Santiago" ports (Valpo or San Antonio) are roughly three times the distance to Cusco as would be Lima. IMO, if a separate land trip to Machu Picchu is not "in the cards," the better cruise to add on the multi-day Machu Picchu visit would be one starting or ending at Lima.

As the OP asked about a cruise tour I thought it appropriate to answer his question. I realize geography would make Lima a better starting point but let’s answer his question as he asked it.

Princess on its West Coast, LA to Santiago, cruise offers Machu Picchu as a 72 hour tour beginning on arrival in Lima. It costs $2500 to $2800 depending on single or double occupancy. As I stated, it can be done for less OYO but takes a little work to organize. You could also arrange to visit from Santiago after the cruise and return via Lima.

OP if interested check out Princess web site as they are offering this again on a December cruise.